Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Machine quilting thread?

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
purrfect-lady

Re: Machine quilting thread?

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:15 am

We find our LA is picky, too. But King Tut, Superior, and Glide all work well. The secret for us is to make sure we use the same thread in the bobbin as we have on top. Once we figured that out, it solved a lot of problems for us. Especially if using variegated threads.

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:22 am

I use Omni thread, King Tut, Perma Core, YLI threads. while I really like King Tut they bumped the price from $17.00 to $24.99 a cone so I haven't bought any of that one in a while. Omni use to be owned by Golden Thread and was only $9.50 a cone now it's $11.50 they all work well for me. Isacord and Sulky also work for me. I just learned not to be afraid to mess with the tension both top and bottom.

TooMuchFabric

Post by TooMuchFabric » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:45 am

I purchased some of the Glide thread. The first quilt did great but the second has had many thread breaks.

maryjoann

Post by maryjoann » Fri May 08, 2015 3:32 pm

I have used King Tut and glide. Liked the glide best no broken thread

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 25, 2015 7:50 am

DH says to revise our opinion of Glide. He says he'll never buy it again! It's "glidier" and kept wrapping around the spindle of the bobbin holder. He was ready to heave it out the window. But that's just him . . .

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”