Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

centering tape

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
rnurse

centering tape

Post by rnurse » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:54 pm

I purchased a centering tape recently. When I went to attach it to my frame (Grace Majestic)I realized that by attaching it to the end bars where the clamps are located it was actually at a level under the quilt. I went to sleep with this on my mind and woke up in the morning with an idea! Erector set parts! I used two sets of four of the mettle foot-long pieces and two 4 inch pieces. Attaching a shorter piece accross two sets of doubled longer pieces with the nuts and screws provided, I then slipped the this over the clamp bar and again used the nuts and bolts provided to attach. (You need to separate the open ends of the long pieces.) Repeated this for the other end and attached the tape to both of these attachments. When not in use the two tape hangers can be easily be removed or just remove the tape.

auntjana

Re: centering tape

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Some of our best ideas come when we are asleep! I will make note of this and use it on my Grace Frame!

Thanks
Jana

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”