Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Has anyone every tried this?

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
toekeyotow

Has anyone every tried this?

Post by toekeyotow » Mon May 30, 2011 2:24 am

I have a baby quilt that I made many years ago, before I had a LA and had only quilted in the ditch. Now I would like to do some stippling around the little animals that I put into the smaller squares. What I was wondering is if the quilting will pull in the quilt since the binding is already on it, Or should I just go for it. I'm so tempted to just try but just thought I would ask first. My thinking is I couldn't hurt anything since I'v had it for years already and haven't use it. lol

Thanks Joan

Susie

Re: Has anyone every tried this?

Post by Susie » Mon May 30, 2011 5:35 am

I like your attitude. If it were me I would go for it, and think of it as a practice piece. Who knows....it may turn out just great!!!!
You won't ever know unless you try.....

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 30, 2011 8:02 am

I don't think it will cause any problem - I have done in the ditch first and then gone back to fill in around each square - the ditch quilting is holding each block in place so that you won't have any puckers on the back.

Just make sure that you have it taunt and tight on the frame and all should be well!

Jana

1quiltinnana

Post by 1quiltinnana » Tue May 31, 2011 9:26 am

That is a darling quilt. It will look so pretty with stippling added to it...go for it...don't think it will hurt a thing.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:57 pm

What a pretty quilt. I don't know the answer to your question though.

Mary/R

crazyquilternwv

Post by crazyquilternwv » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:06 pm

toekeyotow
Please let me know ahow it turns out. I had a Quilt done by someone that did not do a very good job. I was told that I had to take all the quilting out and take off the binding. My Husband made all the block, Emb. Birds and It is Queen size. the Blocks are 8"'s Just a big waste if I can not fix it.
Thank YOu
Crazyquilternwv

norwich

Post by norwich » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 am

I would give it a try and if it doesn't turn out, you can just take out those stitches.

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:00 am

I have taken apart this quilt as I was never happy with the binding. I did this quilt many years ago and never gave it to anyone because I wasn't real pleased with it.

Today I started putting more quilting on it and will add a new binding when I get finished with some nicer quilting. Thanks for all the advice, Joan

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”