Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Which Baby Lock to buy?

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
dacabral

Which Baby Lock to buy?

Post by dacabral » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:55 am

I am looking at buying a Baby Lock quilting sewing machine. Does anyone have advice on whether to go with the Symphony, the Quest II or the Melody? I have nerve pain in my right hand and wonder if the Symphony is the way to go or if the less expensive other two would be just as good. Thank you

SusieQ51

Re: Which Baby Lock to buy?

Post by SusieQ51 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:38 am

I have a 10+ year old Babylock and have NEVER regretted buying it. I love the fact that Brother and Babylock are compatible and well worth the price you pay. Whichever one you get, I am sure that you will be more than satisified.

(Edited to make my answer clearer.)

Diana in Freezing East Central Indiana
current temperature at 12:30 in the afternoon 10 degrees with a stiff "breeze" that is COLD!!

Nurse60

Post by Nurse60 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:31 am

I've had a Baby Lock Quilter's Choice since last May and absolutely love it. I have nerve damage in my hands as well and have no problems with the machine. Since November, I've been looking at the Symphony and debating whether or not I should take another plunge, but it is expensive and I'm not sure if I'll ever use over 200 stitches. I think the Melody is similar but don't quote me. Good luck in your quest.

Nurse60

Post by Nurse60 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Bought the Brother Laura Ashley two weeks ago-same as the Symphony and also made by BabyLock. It was a demo-and I got it $1300.00 off the regular price. This machine has really changed the way I quilt. Never thought a sewing machine could be so accurate. Love it love it love it!

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”