Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Christmas machines

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
TooMuchFabric

Christmas machines

Post by TooMuchFabric » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Did Santa bring any sewing or quilting or embroidery machines this year? Let us hear about them if he did!

Happy Stitching to all.

Suzquilts

Re: Christmas machines

Post by Suzquilts » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:25 am

Bought myself a Janome Magnolia - wanted something simple to use for my short arm frame (Easy Quilter) so that I could use my Viking for other things while the frame is set up - embroidery, piecing, whatever. I'm really glad I spent the money! It's a great little machine, quiet since it's not electronic and lighter in weight which makes it easier to move on the rails of my frame. It'll also come in handy when I take a quilt class or go to a friend's to piece a top.

Happy New Year!

Susan

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:46 am

Well, it wasn't exactly Santa, but when we got home from our winter travels, we saw a big close-out sale on a Bernina 700E serger. It was the 2010 demo model and I got it for less than half price, but full warranty. I actually haven't used it yet, as we're still working on unpacking our trailer, and my sewing room became the staging area. So, hopefully this week, I'll find something to serge! Maybe some great '50's repro' fabric I bought in Dennis, Kansas when shopping with Chickie at her LQS (which sadly was a going out of business sale.:o( It's tablecloth and napkins fabric.

GetRDun

Post by GetRDun » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:31 am

I got a HQ Avante and will be taking some lessons next week on it.It sure takes up a lot of room in my craft room.

dacabral

Post by dacabral » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:53 am

I am looking at buying a Baby Lock quilting sewing machine. Does anyone have advice on whether to go with the Symphony, the Quest II or the Melody? I have nerve pain in my right hand and wonder if the Symphony is the way to go or if the less expensive other two would be just as good. Thank you

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”