Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

dresden plate decision about getting it quilted

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
ollie1shoe

dresden plate decision about getting it quilted

Post by ollie1shoe » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:10 pm

i got the final price on my dresden plate to be quilted it is 98x114 she is going to do it for 48 dollars that includes the thread and batting i will do the binding myself it is so large i didnt think i could do justice on my babylock espiree so i sure didnt want to mess it up i have waaaay to many hours invested in it it turned out a wonky size as i combined a small lap size kit i had bought on ebay i just keep adding to the plates till i got as large as i wanted it will be more like a king size just a bit larger than a queen this is my first exspierence getting someone to quilt for me as i usually get it done from start to finish myself the plates were larger than els pattern however i did it the way she does it was just put on a larger background fabric there are 6 quilts she will do before she starts on mine the shop has no ac in it so she is not quilting much except early in the morning till this heat cools down a little here in alabama so it may be several weeks before i get it back but be assured i will post a picture when i get it back

auntjana

Re: dresden plate decision about getting it quilted

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:53 am

Sounds like a great deal to me!!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:02 am

WOW - that is a very cheap price. Lucky you!!!! Are you sure she didn't say $148??

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:54 pm

well i did get it quilted for the 48.00 that she quoted me it was just a larger meandering pattern it was posted under photos on here if anyone wants to see it it was pretty good work just not hardly as much quilting as i thought she would do but for the amount i paid i didnt complain to her i did the binding myself if she had done it she would have just turned the backing to the front and sewed it but i wanted the turquoise green color that i had used in the quilt because i thought it just made the quilt having it for the binding you can also see more pictures of it on my facebook page under glenda oliver im the one with the green t shirt on from alabama its under my grandkids and quilts i think is the way the album is named

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”