Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Viking 6570

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
Quiltlearner

Viking 6570

Post by Quiltlearner » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:53 am

I just recieved a Viking 6570 from my sister. She had someone check it out and it seemed to see nice. it won't work for me. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong that has this machine.
Thank you

purrfect-lady

Re: Viking 6570

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:56 am

By not working, do you mean nothing at all? It won't even start? Does the light work? Is it plugged in? Is the cord secure into the machine? I have two switches that will turn on my light, but one of them also turns on the machine. The other one doesn't. Check the manual, if you have one. If you don't, you can often find them on-line. Ask your sis or a friend to help you. If that doesn't work, call the manufacturer and talk to someone in service. Finally, if all else fails, take it to a Viking dealer and tell them the problem. In my case, it's almost always something simple. Good luck and please let us know what you find out.

mary z

frazzledfrazier

Re: Viking 6570

Post by frazzledfrazier » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:43 pm

I am machine quilting with a Grace Frame. The area to quilt in is small and I want to do one continual feather down the quilt. I can't turn the quilt around. Can the quilting of the feather be completed in sections. Has anyone tried such an endeavor!

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”