Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Ignorance on my part

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
TooMuchFabric

Ignorance on my part

Post by TooMuchFabric » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:35 pm

I am trying to quilt on my Little Gracie setup. Seems pretty easy except I realized this morning I have been putting the quilt on wrong. I downloaded some new info and it is much easier to understand.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? If not, well then you have just read a first!

quilterbee

Re: Ignorance on my part

Post by quilterbee » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:26 am

Getting the leaders on right is the hardest part. I do a partial float which is easier. Amie

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:06 am

You are not the first nor the last!! I always forget how to load my quilt on my frame - Kyna laughed so hard at me that she took the instructions and put them in a picture frame and hung it on the wall where the frame is - so I can remember!! Still get it wrong - even with the pics!

Jana

BCEagleQuilter

Post by BCEagleQuilter » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:40 pm

I have had a quilt frame set up in my studio for the past three years and have finally decided to make the leap and try to finish off many of my quilts. It is an experience but I am learning. I have many, many unfinished tops that I do not want to send out but want to finish myself. I am new to this site and look forward to learning more about developing this skill.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:36 am

I have to look at the instructions on how to load the HQ-16. I just don't get to quilt often enough to remember how.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:07 pm

;) when I bought my system from MaryZ she had "cheat sheet" printed up that she taped to her wall and now I have it taped to mine. We (my husband used the system too) use it all the time and now, 20 quilts later, we still have to refer to the cheat sheet :)

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Sun May 02, 2010 3:09 am

It takes me longer to load it than to quilt it, no matter what the size. Lie Amie I do a partial float, but I load it wrong almost every time even with a cheat sheet!

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”