Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

machine quilting

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
wiggybutt

machine quilting

Post by wiggybutt » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:12 am

does any onr have a futra embroidery sewing machine is it good for machine quilting thank you donna

grannyQuilts1

Re: machine quilting

Post by grannyQuilts1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:04 pm

i have the futura 100 and it is a sewing/embroidery machine. that is all i use it for. i use my viking for quilting
Barbara

wiggybutt

Post by wiggybutt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:28 am

march 24 can someone tell me how to machine quilt i dont no how and i'm afraid to wreck my quilt cause i sont no itryed once had alot of puckers in it on the back it looked awfull please help wiggybut

Susie

Post by Susie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Wiggy, if you are trying to do stitch in the ditch or simple lines to quilt like a grid, be sure and get a walking foot. It makes the fabric and backing feed through the foot evenly and eliminates puckers. I use spray basting (505 Basting spray) to sandwich my layers together, that way I don't have to pin baste. If you want to do free motion you need to drop the feed dogs and use a darning foot. I can't help you with that though as I am still working on it myself!
Good luck. That walking foot really helps though!

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:13 pm

ive been having a problem with the TOP thread when machine quilting. when i turn my work over, the TOP thread when underneath is looped and loose. why??? goodness knows! any ideas??? help please anyone!

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”