Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

serger help !!!!!!!

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
Geneva2

Re: serger help !!!!!!!

Post by Geneva2 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:38 pm

I have had a Baby Lock Evolve for 6 years I think. It is an eight thread machine. It is easly to thread with a color guide and a puff of air. My children, grandchildren and DSL love the PJs I make them every year for Christmas. It takes less time to sew the bottoms than it takes to cut them our. It takes a little long for the tops. I make pants for myself, pillow cases, curtains. It is a great machine and it will do more than I use it for and if I didn't love to quilt so much I would use it a lot more than I do.
Geneva

RedFlea43

Post by RedFlea43 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:34 am

I bought my first serger in 1986--a Singer. It was and still is a wonderful piece of equipment but it was before differential feed time and wasn't really that great with heavy thicknesses of fabric. DD now has it and loves it. I replaced it with a heavy duty Juki and a simple newer Singer. Use both all the time. Juki has the chain stitch and a whole lot of stuff I haven't tried yet. Bought it in 2005.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:39 pm

1st was a used serger, worked well. This seamstress had much to learn bout sergers. Drove over pins which broke the cutting blade, costly rule, then broke needles, cz you don't push fabric through like other regular machines.

2nd new-sale from Jo-Anne's GForks, good but shortlived. Four threader. I miss my sergers. I'm job hunting to replinish my sewing room with up to date machines.

Judithlucille

Post by Judithlucille » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:26 pm

I have a BabyLock-Imagine it's a self threader very easy to get setup and I Love it!! Judithlucille

QuintanaATimothy

Post by QuintanaATimothy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:40 pm

You know, it is hard to choose the serger because of that there are so many types of machine in the market. You should make sure that which kind of machine do you need. You know, if you wanna the machine finish the edge of clothes, the Brother 1034D is surely the best choice. You can read more information herehere.

QuintanaATimothy

Post by QuintanaATimothy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 pm

You know, it is hard to choose the serger because of that there are so many types of machine in the market. You should make sure that which kind of machine do you need. You know, if you wanna the machine finish the edge of clothes, the Brother 1034D is surely the best choice. You can read more information herehere.

QuintanaATimothy

Post by QuintanaATimothy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 pm

You know, it is hard to choose the serger because of that there are so many types of machine in the market. You should make sure that which kind of machine do you need. You know, if you wanna the machine finish the edge of clothes, the Brother 1034D is surely the best choice. You can read more information herethesergerreviews.com'>thesergerreviews.com.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”