Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Need info on Hinterberg Long Arm quilting machine

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
sassyquilter65

Need info on Hinterberg Long Arm quilting machine

Post by sassyquilter65 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:57 am

I would like to know if anyone owns a Hinterberg Voyager 17 quilting machine. I was at Paducah quilt show last week and was inteested in purchasing one but looking for some info first. HELP!!! Thanks.

quilterbee

Re: Need info on Hinterberg Long Arm quilting machine

Post by quilterbee » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:38 am

Yes, I believe it's one of the best systems out there. But this is not the best place for that info. THere are 2 groups on Yahoo for Hinty specific info and I'm a member of both of them.

Hinterbergquilters
homequiltingsystems

Both have over 2,000 memebers and very active. A special database for setting them up and for sale and to sell and a photo section with every type of machine and frame combination. Reviews, ideas, feedback, projects, tips and tons more. Amie :o)

sassyquilter65

Post by sassyquilter65 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Thank you very much "quilterbee" for the information. Do I just go to those two sites on yahoo? I do have an id for yahoo groups. Thanks so very much. Sassyquilter65

quilterbee

Post by quilterbee » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:46 am

Just go to Yahoo
Click on Find Groups
Type in the groups or just type in "machine quilting" and browse
There are hundreds od quilting groups on Yahoo
When you find the ones you want to join, just click Join this Group
Just make sure you click "Special Notices" or you'll get a thousand emails from you group...a day :o)

Amie

TomH

Post by TomH » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:25 pm

I have found that the Voyager 17 has some major weaknesses. First and foremost, the threaded hole into the frame that holds the screw that holds the upper tension assembly does not accuractly match the threads on the screw. It will come loose during use. Just a we bit of loose will cause several problems. Thread breakage, being the most annoying. A touch of mechanics locktight solves this problem. Another problem area is in the screw that holds the needle in place. When this machine is in perfect harmony it's a pleasure to "drive". But I have found it to require considerable babying to stay in "perfect harmony". Perhaps more than some may want to do. At least there is lots of support from the manufacturer. Maybe ours is just a male machine.

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:25 pm

That was the system I was going to get until a dear forum friend INSISTED I come over & try out her APQS machine :) I ended up with a real long arm (26") & I don't regret it a bit.

Having said that, the Voyager/Hinty stretch I feel is a good value for the money esp if you can pick it up used, which you can if you look :)

I'm with Aime about joining the Yahoo groups & learn all you can about whatever you decide.

Good luck!!

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”