Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Meander/Stipple using domestic machine...HELP Please

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
xteacher

Re: Meander/Stipple using domestic machine...HELP Please

Post by xteacher » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:28 am

Look carefully at the back. Does it look worse on curves? I really have to watch myself to keep from going too fast and "swooping" around those curves or I will get eyelashes, railroads, whatever you want to call them. If it looks really good on straight of ways, but not on curves, this could be your problem. Make yourself slow down goingaround the bend.

Ljuhles

Post by Ljuhles » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 pm

Buy a pkg. of Little Bobbin Washers, little plastic disks, very thin, and they fit into the bobbin case before the bobbin. Solved my problems. I think Nancy's Notions, has them!

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:07 pm

my problem is the bottom looks like the eye lashes looking thing can never figure it out but it is mostly when im turning going straight it looks pretty good

sassybwbk

Post by sassybwbk » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:09 pm

I have also been doing the free motion quilting on my quilts and it is working out for me pretty good. I have learned to use the same thread in the bobbin that I am using on the top. One problem I am having now is that the quilt I am doing right now has a dark red backing and the top has a lot of white squares and when free motion quilting it the white shows a little on the back side. I just can not seem to get the tension right so it does not show on either side. Help

northbound

Post by northbound » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:54 am

I've heard of using a permanent marker to color the thread on the back of the quilt.

Sharon C.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”