Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Juki or Janome

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
gmaann

Re: Juki or Janome

Post by gmaann » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Teapotsy - I have a Janome 6500 and have loved it. The only problem I have had is that after several years the presser foot lifter does not stay up when I want it to. I have had it adjusted and it worked well for a couple of months and then started falling down again. I compensate by using the knee lift most of the time. I think the 6600 is an updated version of the 6500 - with a built in even feed.

I also have a newer BabyLock Espire, which I also love. Sometimes I alternate which machine I use!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:38 am

I have a MC 6600 and have the same problem with the thread popping out of the arm. It also tends to want to pull the fabric below the plate so sometimes I have to use a lead fabric. I have several other machines (Baby Lock and Janome) but this is the one I use all the tim.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:59 am

WeSig - you might want to get the plate for your 6600 that has the tiny hole in it for straight stitching only. It keeps your fabric from pulling through.

Deequiltsinaday

Post by Deequiltsinaday » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:55 pm

I use the Janome 6600P for piecing and for quilting. Can't say enough good things about the brand. This is my 5th Janome-I keep trading up! Started with the MC8000, the 9000, 10000 now have the 10,000 SE in addition to the 6600P. Never a problem. Love the built in walking foot on it and all the extra feet you can buy! Handles all kinds of threads with only minor tension adjustments. No, I'm not affiliated with a dealer.

Sheila23

Post by Sheila23 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 am

I'm new to this site so I am behind on somethings but I was reading this one and had to add my 2bits......years ago when computer machines were first making their way on the market, I bought the Kenmore new computer machine....I soon after found out that Janome had built it for Kenmore.....problem was, I had nothing but problems from day one....I had 3 replacements and still problems. This of course has given me a bad taste for Janome and I can't say I have been too impressed ever since. A few years later I did some major research and bought the Phaff and I've never looked back...even after years later when I was in the market for a new embrodery machine, I took 2 days at that years quilt festival in Houston talking to dealers from all the companies and still I picked the Phaff, and I had been able to compare each very closely. Granted they have been bought by Husqivanna(sp) and the new machines are very similar, but I still love my machine as a work horse and fun machine. This past year at quilt festival, I have bought a quilt frame from grace and it included the Juki machine, I haven't had much chance to play with it yet, so I really can't say what I think of it yet, so I am hoping, but the main point is, yes, Kenmore does commission Janome to make their machines.

Homespun

Post by Homespun » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:55 am

Wow! I haven't been on here for awhile and checked out this page and was surprised to find my original post had resurfaced!

An update on what I did...

I still love Janome and my Kenmore. I recently received an inheritance after my Grandfather passed away and took the opportunity to go back to the Janome dealer, set on treating myself to the MC6600 only to find the newest MC7700 Horizon available. It really didn't take long for him to talk me into it. Actually, I would have gone back up there the same day except that by the time I got home and had made the decision to buy the machine, he was already closed. I LOVE this machine! It makes quilting and sewing much more enjoyable for me and it's really easy to use. I have yet to call and set up times when I can go take the classes. I almost feel like I don't need them, but I know the classes will show me other ways to utilize the different stitches and such. I highly recommend the MC7700! It's pretty awesome:-)

janell2009

Post by janell2009 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:54 pm

I have both a janome MC 6500 and a Juki 2000QI. I love the janome as it does all the fun stuff.. I use it for piecing the quilts.. I use the juki on my machine quilt frame.. it is just a plain easy machine no other stitches but stright and zigzag... so it works best on the frame.. Janome is by far the smoothest machine I have sewn on.. I use to have a Elna but it went to heck... so hubby got me the Janome.. love love it.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”