Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Qbot questions

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
cindyg

Re: Qbot questions

Post by cindyg » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:24 am

I just talked to my dealer about a QBot. It is $4,000. It will not fit on just any frame. It won't work on my B-line frame. It will only work on a New Joy frame. Or so my dealer said. If anyone gets any different info please let me know. What I'm understanding is that it will work with any machine but not any frame.

Abbigail

Post by Abbigail » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:40 pm

The one I looked at was on a Gracie frame. I don't know how many others it will work on.

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:11 am

Several machine quilters with longarms have put computerized quilting on their frame. The walking off and forgetting about it doesn't work as great as it sounds. The last LA I used had to take out the stitches in my quilt that decided to build bird's nest instead of quilting, ALL over the quilt. She walked away after setting it up and then blamed the machine for the problem! I've learned the hard way to send easy class/workshop quilt tops to a new LA I haven't used before.

lvloons

Post by lvloons » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:20 am

I am considering buying a Janome 6600 machine and would like to know if this machine has a mock hand quilting stitch and if users of this likes the way the stitch looks. Thank you.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:12 am

Hmmmmm I wonder if the sales lady was just trying to sell me a New Joy frame? That irks me.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”