Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good tip for machine quilting.....

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
sadiedaisy1

Re: Good tip for machine quilting.....

Post by sadiedaisy1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:58 am

Thanks for the tip, Caren! I have a Viking Designer 1 that I use for embroidery and free motion quilting on small projects (otherwise it's SITD on my old Pfaff 1222E) and I would have never thought to keep the embroidery needle in there for quilting. I haven't had a problem of skipped stitches, but I do have a problem with the thread breaking so hopefully it will help that. Thanks again!

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:10 pm

MaryJo--

Check out this website before you buy. Their prices are really good, no tax & free shipping! Woo Hoo!!!

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/

Keep me posted, OK?

bairdmtn

Post by bairdmtn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:53 am

Thank you, Caren!

I just went and looked at this website and the prices are WONDERFUL! I don't know how in the world you could decide which machine you would want because this is like a candy shop! I definitely will be spending some time there looking around! Is this where you got your machine? I appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Mary Jo

lrogers

Post by lrogers » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:02 am

I was so happy to come across this post! I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong with my Baby Lock Quilters Pro. I am new to the machine having picked it up used in the fall and this was my first FMQ project on it. I was trying to FMQ on a cotton top with a fleece back (no batting) and the tread was constantly shredding and breaking.I spent weeks trying everything possible; changing needles, re-threading, checking everywhere for burrs, trying every needle and thread combo...even made myself a chart to keep track. NO LUCK. I finally typed in the name of my machine & the problem and your post came up. Ran out to Joanns this am, got some embroidery needles, ripped out horrid stitches and hoped for the best. SUCCESS! I would have never thought of an embroidery needle so I am incredibly grateful to you sharing your advice & experience! I happily finished (that darn) quilt now sent for donation to a local hospital! THANK YOU!

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”