Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

buying new sewing machine

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
sandyw7388

buying new sewing machine

Post by sandyw7388 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:35 pm

Has anyone every heard of or used the Brother CS06001ci sewing machine? I have found one for a very good price and it has features that some of the more expensive machines have. That was a statement made by one of the product reviewers. It sounds like a great machine; auto needle threading,built in thread cutter, auto bobbin winding, drop feed for free motion (quilting), etc. Most all reviews had at least 4+ and most had 5. But I have to order it online and I hate doing that when I can't see what I'm buying. So I was wondering if anyone out there has or has had one of these machines, or one like it. I really want to buy it!
Hope I get some good feedback!

Littlebit

Re: buying new sewing machine

Post by Littlebit » Thu May 15, 2008 6:00 pm

I don't have one, but I have heard very good things about this machine!! I do know that this is the preferred machine to take to quilting classes because of its light weight and all of the different stitches that you have available - hope this helps :o)

quilterbee

Post by quilterbee » Fri May 16, 2008 2:37 am

That is the machine most of the quilters had in the Judy Neimeyer class I took. That machine even has a auto thread cutter! I'd buy it, Amie :o)

wardfan

Post by wardfan » Fri May 16, 2008 2:56 am

I have a Brother CQ1000 and I love it. It was one of the machines recommended by the AQS magazine. I was told that Brother and Baby Lock or both made by the same company. The contol panel looks identical and all the features look the same. Brother has come a long way over the years and I think it is one of the best machines out there now.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”