Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

PC Quilter anyone?

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
Tiggersmom

PC Quilter anyone?

Post by Tiggersmom » Fri May 09, 2008 7:30 am

I would like your thoughts on the PC Quilter. If you have it how long have you used it and what was your learning curve? etc.....

I'm seriously thinking about getting this for my Gammill and am waiting to make sure it will work with my machine.

Thanks!

SFOQuilter

Re: PC Quilter anyone?

Post by SFOQuilter » Sat May 10, 2008 12:33 pm

I have looked into this a great deal for my Handiquilter and may actually bite the bullet. There are two versions however. One called the Side mount and the other that your carriage rides on. With the side mount unit you can switch easily from computerized to free motion which I would consider essential. With the other you have to lift your machine off each time you want to switch between the two. I guess that wouldn't be bad if you mostly wanted to do end to end computerized quilting.

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Wed May 14, 2008 3:26 pm

I saw this today at the quilt show, I found it quite interesting and watched it work for quite a while. Love how it would move the fabric bars back and forth to create a bigger design. I didn't ask many questions though, as I thought it was only for computerized quilting, have to check it out further tomorrow :o)

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Fri May 16, 2008 6:01 pm

I ordered my PC Quilter this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!

Now I just have to hunt for a used computer that can be dedicated to running the software program.

I'll post again after I get it up and running but I probably won't even receive it until end of next week.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Thu May 22, 2008 5:47 am

am anxious to see what you think of it

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Thu May 22, 2008 7:21 am

I haven't heard anything yet. If I don't hear something by this afternoon I will call to see when they think it will ship.

I finally found a laptop computer on ebay I could afford and that is already shipped. I'm anxious to play!

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”