Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

diamonds are not always a girls best friend

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
grannyQuilts1

diamonds are not always a girls best friend

Post by grannyQuilts1 » Thu May 01, 2008 5:40 pm

sometimes it is Sapphires.......... teeheeee, i am sitting here looking at my new pretty, it is the Sapphire 870 quilt. has a 10 inch throat, all the bells and whistles anyone could want. i should be in bed since i have to get up at 6 but i am going to set up and sew for a bit longer to learn about this, the only problem right now is the free motion feet are on back order so i can get it on my grace frame.
this is going to be so cool. no pressure foot lever to get in the way and 10 inches to quilt in instead of the small size of my singers. well back to playing with new pretty,
Granny Love

petlover

Re: diamonds are not always a girls best friend

Post by petlover » Thu May 01, 2008 6:38 pm

Hey Granny! Congratulations! That's so great!
What do you mean no pressure foot lever to get in the way? It doesn't have a lever for the pressure foot? I'm not familiar with this machine so not sure what you're saying.
Linda

HomespunMary

Post by HomespunMary » Thu May 01, 2008 11:56 pm

Congtratulations granny!

I know what you mean! I bought the same machine last fall, and love it! The dealer said it would take a long time to get used to not having a lever for the presser foot, but only took me about two minutes to forget that there was ever a time when I had to reach behind the machine every time I wanted to lower or raise the foot! (petlover, the foot changes position when you press the pedal with your foot - sounds complicated but it really isn't and it works wonderfully!)

The two things I love the most about it are the large throat space and the presser foot function that continuously senses and adjusts to the thickness of whatever is going under the foot. The foot automatically adjust the pressure every time I go over a bulky seam - no pulling or pushing and you don't even notice that the bulk was there :-)

Have fun with your new machine!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri May 02, 2008 3:16 am

grannyQuilts1 Congratulations on your new toy!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! That pressure foot sounds fabulous. You will have her figured out in no time. Enjoy!

Hugs & Love
Cathy

PS. I see you live in Midwest City? What State? I'm hoping it is Okla. & we now have another Okie aboard. lol

petlover

Post by petlover » Fri May 02, 2008 10:42 am

That sounds so intriguing. I'm gonna have to go look at one of these miracle machines!

grannyQuilts1

Post by grannyQuilts1 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:18 pm

yes i am another okie. :-) no pressure foot lever, you just tap foot pedel and the foot lowers. it is so cool, so far the part i love best is the auto cut. when you finish a seam just touch the button and it puls threads to the badk, knots it and cuts with a 1/2 tail. that is soooooooo cool
and you never have to draw the bobbin thread to the top as that is done with the first stitch. if you look at the back of the first stich you can see it is secured before it sews. and talk about fast. man oh man can that baby get away from you. i am loving it. looking forward to sewing all weekend

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:39 pm

WOOHOO Another Okie! I'm in between Yukon & Mustang. lol Now I think there are 5 or 6 of us Okies here.LOL So glad you are enjoying your new machine! It sounds awesome!

Hugs & Love
Cathy

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Sat May 03, 2008 4:14 pm

Yeah! That's super cool! I hope you get your foot some. Enjoy!

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”