Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Got a serger today!

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
beccasmom

Re: Got a serger today!

Post by beccasmom » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:55 pm

I just sewed a dress with mine to wear tomorrow to an assembly. It makes sewing clothes look so much nicer.

Brenda

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:15 pm

I use the rolled hem feature to make napkins to go with my place mats. Also use it to make pillowcases for my grandchildren - makes a nice finished look! I don't do much garment sewing any more, but when I make PJs and nightgowns for the grandkids, I use it - same thing, such a nice finished look!

Hope you'll enjoy yours!!

happymrs

Post by happymrs » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:43 pm

I have made western style shirts for my husband with mine, dress shirts & flannel types. You can do it all on a serger except for the buttonholes & topstitching, & they turn out so nice, & professional looking too. It also really cuts down on the bulk in your seams, I love mine!

Nancy.....

grammyquilting

Post by grammyquilting » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:25 am

I just bought a serger. I am looking for patterns for Flannel Lap Quilts. I would like to make several styles for my grandchildren. Does anyone have ideas to pass on to me. Happy Quilting to all.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”