Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Embroidery software

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
Suzquilts

Embroidery software

Post by Suzquilts » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:02 am

Does anyone have or used an Amazing Box for transferring designs? I have a Scandinavia 300 which Viking no longer makes the cards for. This was the suggestion of the lady at my Viking dealer.

Thanks much for the assist.

Suz

CoyoteQuilts

Re: Embroidery software

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:18 pm

If I remember correctly the Amazing Box takes 'cards' of one embroidery machine and transfers them to another 'card'. If you buy a brother card it will transfer it to a pfaff, viking, singer, etc blank card so that you can then use it on your machine.

A couple questions--Do you have digitizing software for your machine on your computer? Are you able to take a design from the computer (from someplace like annthegran.com) and either put it on a blank 'card' or directly on your computer?
If you do your best money may be on buzz tools. This software allows you to take designs from all sites & convert them to your machine language.

I have a problem with buying the expensive cards for a certain machine. I like amazing designs, dakota and others, but you have to have the software for your machine & a way to get them into your machine. These cost less. Also, I have several sites that you can get free designs and inexpensive designs that you load on your machines 'card' yourself. You store them on CD's & reuse your blank 'card' over & over.

I use to work with this stuff some time ago & I know that things have changed & updated. I hope that anybody else that has more recent knowledge lets you know what they know.

Good luck,
Sharon V.

Suzquilts

Post by Suzquilts » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:11 am

Sharon: thanks for your input. From what I'm reading, the Amazing Box enables you to download designs from the internet and transfers them to whatever card is designed for your machine. That way I don't need additional software, which is kinda cost prohibitive. Tech support at the manufacturer assure me it'll work with my 300 so it might be exactly what I'm looking for. I started looking for other options even before I found out Husqvarna quit making the cards for it because they were so blasted expensive. From looking at a few embroidery download sites, this was is much more friendly on the ol' pocketbook.

I'd love for you to give me the different sites you visit for your embroidery. Love saving money so I can spend it on other stuff!!

Thanks again.

Suz

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:02 am

I have the Amazing Box II and have used it a few times. I'm just now starting to use the embroidery machines I purchased a couple of years ago.

I was warned by a couple of good friends to be careful of the designs you get on line as some of them are not digitized professionally.
I've bought from a source that has been in business for 10 years and their designs are really nice and inexpensive. PM me if you want more info.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”