Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Books of Quilting Designs

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
dwr37

Books of Quilting Designs

Post by dwr37 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:24 am

I'm wondering if anyone has recommentations for books containing quilting designs that I can mark on my quilt and machine quilt. I saw some at the local craft store, but I wanted others opinions before I purchased them.

BTW, I have a home sewing machine not on a frame.....

gardenquilter

Re: Books of Quilting Designs

Post by gardenquilter » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:46 am

quiltmaker magazine has published all of theirs in i think 5 volumes you can go to quiltmaker they also have them on disk which is great because you can load on computer and they interface with eq6 so you can size the design to match the block, quilt border or whatever you desire - i got mine from villagequiltshoppe.com but try some of the other mail order places i try to never order from them they have no sense of urgency in shipping an order

towens71

Re: Books of Quilting Designs

Post by towens71 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:35 am

If I had the $$ that's what I would do to. That way you get the size you want and already know how it looks. I usually check out amazon.com for book titles before I buy them, just to get an idea of what other people have to say. I don't think I've ever gone wrong doing that.

Traci

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”