Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

advice on batting

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
Abbigail

Re: advice on batting

Post by Abbigail » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:58 am

I checked my local Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart., none of them have the Warm and Natural batting. It looks like an hours drive now to hopefully find one! Geez, a quilter does what a quilter needs to do! ~Abbigail~

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:27 am

that is a tough one i buy at all three places the warm and natural walmart doesnt always have but that is mainstay at hancocks and hobbylobby here - i thought they would stock mostly the same from one to next but i wonder if it is regional or not - maybe -

1quiltinnana

Post by 1quiltinnana » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:23 pm

I use Warm & Natural batting. It is nice.

norwich

Post by norwich » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:13 pm

Hobb's 80/20 Heirloom batting is a good choice. Please don't use 100% polyester! I'm a longarm quilter and use all kinds of batting and sell Hobbs, if the customer is interested. The polyester batting is just horrible. Hobbs heirloom is 80% cotton (for softness) and 20% polyester (for stability). It's a good low-loft batt. Warm and Natural is nice too, but it is a lot heavier and very warm to sleep under. Quilters Dream Batting is very nice too. They're a smaller company and they put a lot of care into their products.

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:31 am

*smile*

I used Wool batting in my last quilt and it puffed up very cute.
Nice and warm as well.
W&N if not wool for me.

*T*

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”