Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

quilting help

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
mimis

Re: quilting help

Post by mimis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:15 am

I have a friend in Ky. who does quilting on a long arm. She dosen't do free style. She has patterns that she follows. Her name is Brenda Anglin and e-mail is quiltingbee@peoplepc.com. She is very reasonable and she is a good an honest person.

norwich

Post by norwich » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:10 pm

I'm a longarm quilter from Wisconsin. Call or visit your local quilt shop. The quilt shops will have business cards and phone numbers of longarm quilters in your area. Be sure and ask the quilt shop owner who she recommends too.

drj2athome

Post by drj2athome » Sat May 17, 2008 10:13 am

What does FM mean? You mentioned this, quilterbee as the way to do a charity quilt. Thanks, Jan

drj2athome

Post by drj2athome » Sat May 17, 2008 10:18 am

Oh it's free motion it. I want to do this on my quilts but I haven't mastered an even stitch length. I did my own version best as a doodle that makes hearts all over. It gets tiring and my meandering stipple is hard to make it come out looking like it should. Sue Nickels says it takes 100 hours to get confident. I only have put in about 4 hours so far.Lol- Jan

apolta

Post by apolta » Sun May 18, 2008 9:05 pm

mimis... Your friend has my Mother's maiden name... Angiln... Wow maybe we are related... I have never heard anyone else by that name weird... I was just eavesdropping on this topic because I want a longarm... dream dream dream!

Cheers!
-Alina-

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”