Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday Dec 18th

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Kittyquilt9292

Re: Tuesday Dec 18th

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:22 am

I thought that maybe the website wouldn't be able to handle all the posts, but I think that there are many people either shopping or working and usually post in the evenings, so hold on everyone, posts are coming as soon as the dinner dishes have been done coast to coast!
Here's my post: zero, I do hope my SS is okay. Now that the Opening Day is over, might I suggest that anyone who sent something and didn't see a "receipt post" here or in the other to threads, that she or he post to the intended recipient what the status is. Forgot, is in the mail someplace (we all know that happens), or Decided couldn't do it, am ill (I pray this is not the case) or whatever else. We're all understanding, whatever happened. I think there were several posts of people not receiving packages. This is just an idea.
I am enjoying reading all the wonderful gifts people chose. This was such a nice idea, Maryq.
carol/kittyquilt

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:31 am

teacupsdelight! I am doing the cha cha all over my office! I love my SS gift! The box itself is just beautiful and the canister inside so exquisite! I love the Christmas fat quarters in the little organza bag! Thank you so much for my wonderful gift! I love it!

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:32 am

Traci, I'm so happy you like your gift! I know you love yellow and blue!

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:35 am

*smile*

So far I have described only part of my SS gift. After my nap I want to take the time to take a picture of the whole SS package. I am just SO in awe of the one who choose this for me. It feels like a lot of thought went into my SS package. It is profesionally crafted, hard to describe, it has stones, and one of the stones has something special in it. It is hanging in my tree right now as a Christmas ornament, after the holiday I will hang it in the window. It looks most beautifull with light shining through it. I am very very intruiqed (SP) with this gift and will treasure it.

***Tulpje***

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:42 am

Quiltwithmom - thanks so much for telling me the story. How nice to do that in addition to the gift. There is always a story behind every gift. The picture addition is even greater. You are a very special person. Thanks We (Valerie)
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:51 am

I forgot all about today being the day to open our gifts! I was really being good and the day just slipped up on me! LOL!

My Secret Santa is Grandma of 12 (Jan) and I had a pkg. chock full of goodies from her! A really wonderful book, Fast Quilts from Fat Quarters! A darling picture frame, it is so cute! It has a snowman on it, a cat with yarn, a stocking, and hearts with quilt patches...it is just adorable! Two kitchen towels, one with a gingerbread house and a winter scene and the other has Santa and Rudolph with a Christmas tree and winter scene! I NEVER have enough kitchen towels and these are so cute! Two really nice Fat Quarters, one is a reproduction print from Judie Rothermel Spirit of the Season and I LOVE that line!!!, and the other is a really cheerful red background with beautiful holly and berries on it! The prettiest pillar candle, it's cinnamon-vanilla-mistletoe scents, the three layers look beautiful and have a bit of glitter to add some glitz to them, and the top has a snowflake raised design! Oh, it smells heavenly!!!! A gorgeous white porcelain tree ornament...it is a nativity scene with the word peace edged in gold. It truly is beautiful! And two pair of socks....one is red with white reindeer in a band around them with black edging, and the other pair is red with 3 embroidered reindeer on the sides. I LOVE socks! I have the first pair I described on right now!

Jan, thank you so very much, I love everything you sent in my pkg., how thoughtful of you! Oh my gosh, this was so much fun!!!!

grandmaof12

Post by grandmaof12 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:05 pm

I opened my pkg and my ss was Leetec . She got me a quilting magazine,3 fat quarters and a quilting pattern. Thank you very much. thank you Mary for hosting this your the greatest!

busyhands125

Post by busyhands125 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:25 pm

I opened my SS gift tonite and It was CINDYG. I love the angel statue she is satting on top shelf of computer desk , nothing can hurt her there. Also the Texas Bluebonnets are very very pretty. Love the FQ lilac , my be your favorite, but I love it too. And the 4 blue FQ are beautiful too. Just want to say Thank You and yes this was fun.
Kittyquilt9292 I do hope you don't have to wait too long. Hopefully the mail is slow and yours will get to you real soon. I too hope someone did not forget. Maybe MaryQ has the list of who got who's name that can help on this. Hate for you to not get something.
None of us wants that to happen.
Keep the upper chin up a little while longer.

Pat/busyhands125

teetee1969

Post by teetee1969 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:31 pm

Yvette! (sewingbee44!)

I can't thank you enough for my SS gifts! Beautiful purple fabric (my favorite color!) and the most adorable kitty FQs!! But what was really neat is the bath gel & lotion...how on earth could you have known my favorite scent is peonies??? I've got peony bushes planted everywhere, I just love them! Santa must have told you! Thank you for putting such thought into my gifts, and I will be praying for you in the New Year that everything goes well with your surgery.
Merry Christmas to you and your family, and God Bless!

Taunya aka teetee1969

scrappie66

Post by scrappie66 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Dear KittyQuilt9292....Just got home from the big city of Minneapolis. Had to leave at 5 AM and wanted to open my gifts and enjoy each and every one of them. A mere thank you is not enough
to convey my appreciation for your thoughtfulness. I loved your heartfelt and interesting note. You certainly picked out things
in my favorite color RED. I love the sewing box and am going to start filling it tonight. Can't wait to show it off at my two mini quilting groups. The binding clips will come in handy and I can stop pricking my fingers with pins. Loved the two snowmen salt & pepper shakers, and they will find a place on my Christmas table.
Hopefully, your SS gift is in the mail and will be all the more special to you when it arrives. Thanks again!!!! Susan

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”