Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Gift Arrived!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
dsf618

Secret Santa Gift Arrived!

Post by dsf618 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:09 am

Dear Secret Santa - Wanted to let you know two packages arrived Friday!

I can not wait to open them!! My kids have hid them from me until opening day so that I don't peek!

Thank you,
Deb

quilterbee

Re: Secret Santa Gift Arrived!

Post by quilterbee » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:32 am

Oh, I'm so excited for you! TWO presents!! I can't wait till we all open them, so much for! Amie

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:25 am

What fun!

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:59 am

You have pretty good kids!! I have a step-son who is in his 30's and he STILL peaks!! When he was home he use to take a razor blade to the tape, open the packages then retape them. I can't even give him his presents early still, 'cause he opens them early!!
I can't wait till the 18th!! At least we don't have to wait until the 25th!! Yahoo!!!!

Sharon V.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:44 pm

Geez, I don't know how I am going to wait till the 18th, After all, I am the one who taught Sharon's son how to peek... I was the queen of peeking when I was young and have an awful time waiting for any kind of a present.....but I will do my best to be good

Chriss
Psalm 91

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:46 pm

Chriss, So you were the one that instigated the peeking!!!! ROFLOL
Sharon V.

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:11 am

My kids try to peek at their gifts - I have a 9 year old who still believes in Santa so it sometimes gets tricky with the 13 year old and the 15 year (who loves to help his DSister still believe). But when it comes to a gift for Mom - they are sticklers to the rules - NO PEEKING! I think it is fun for them to get Mom going. And of course that makes Mom want to peek all the more!

Deb

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:42 pm

Yes Sharon, I confess, it was me..... now, hopefully you don't have my name becuase I could just see the gift now.... all wrapped in duct tape sitting at my doorstep...... I would never get it opened.

One year DH made a wooden box and wrapped all of DS gifts and put them in the box, then DH screwed down the lid... DS had to get the drill and unscrew the screws to open his gift.

My DS is a shaker... I have never gotten the sense that he ever peeked, but he is a shaker.... I wrapped a video and taped it to the bottom of a shirt box, put some gravel in the shirt box and wrapped it... this way the box would rattle.... he had no clue.

It has been fun over the years tricking him....

chriss
Psalm 91

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:33 pm

I'm not gonna' tell who I have!!! But if it is you Marilynsgrammy I will now make sure that it is wrapped in duct tape!!! On the inside of the wrapping, of course!! Maybe if you would be a good girl a second package would come with cutting tools to help you out the day before we open. Na, I don't think so!!

ROFLOL!!!

Sharon V.

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:06 am

I got you two beat...I wrapped my present in duct tape before I put it in the box!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”