Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

URR BOM December block

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gmaann

URR BOM December block

Post by gmaann » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:48 am

I've tried to pick the easiest one we have left to do in this busy month! The Basket is easy to do and will take about 15 minutes if you have your pieces already cut out. Story and directions start on page 72.

These are the ones you should have completed:

Flying Geese - April
Crossroads - May
Drunkard's Path - June
Wagon Wheel - June
Shoo Fly - July
Sailboat - August
North Star - September
Underground Railroad - October
Monkey Wrench - November

Several have completed all the blocks and we are waiting to see photos of them. Way to go, Gals!!

My blocks are done, but I will wait until after Christmas to put them together. I am SO HAPPY with all the results. I bought the kit from QIAD and the fabrics are SO NICE!

Good luck to everyone - and if you don't have time before Christmas, maybe you can catch up before January 1.

Ann

gmaann

Re: URR BOM December block

Post by gmaann » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:05 pm

Sometimes I just feel like I'm talking to myself!! (And I'm not all that interesting!!)

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:17 pm

Ann..........you're not talking to yourself. I'm here!! Seeing all of the beautiful pictures of the blocks has gotten me to buy the book and look it over. As soon as I can decide what fabrics to use, I'm going to get started on it, too. It doesn't look that intimidating when it's taken step by step. Wish me luck!!

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:57 pm

mequilter - It is a very nice quilt to do! I have been really happy with the results of each block. I bought the kit from QIAD and the fabrics were so nice - and they are generous with the amounts. I'm pretty sure I could have made BOTH the 12" and the 6" blocks with the fabric they sent. This BOM has had a couple of 'glitches', and some of those who started just went ahead and finished - maybe most of them. That's why I think I'm talking to myself sometimes. But I didn't want to see it falter, so I keep posting new blocks to do. There are 15 in all and we started in April, and did 2 blocks in June, so only have a few left to complete.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:19 pm

Ann, we hear you. I'm a little behind on my blocks, but I'll catch up. I really have no excuse. They are all cut out and in bags ready to go. I appreciate you taking this over. Lori
Lori 8-)

SharonG/FL

Post by SharonG/FL » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Hmmmmmm, I have this book but only recently joined so wasn't here in the beginning. I suppose I could play catch up after the first of the year. I have a couple BOM's I started and they have ended up as UFO's (out of sight out of mind) so I'm really on the fence here. Were there suggestions as to fabric?

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:31 am

Welcome, Sharon! We'd love to have you join us in this project. Since the Underground Railroad was active in the 1800s, any reproduction fabrics of that era are good. QIAD has lots of fabrics, most by Windham, available on this website in the Fabric Frenzy section. I ordered the URR fabric kit from here and have been so pleased with the fabrics. The blocks go together so nicely with Eleanor's good instructions. Let us know if we can help you in any way!!
Ann

patsyann06

Post by patsyann06 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:18 am

Ann, I'm still with you on this BOM! I have 2 more blocks to catch-up. Thanks for keeping us on track. Have been very pleased with each block.

Forgot to sign my name. Patty

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:45 pm

Ann- I finally received my quilt back from the LA. Looks great. I will post a photo as soon as I manage to get the binding on!

Sue

SharonG/FL

Post by SharonG/FL » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:59 pm

Thank you, Ann. I'll see what I can do.....I have to use what's in my stash so I might have to use another theme. I like the idea of getting the fabric cut and put in plastic baggies ready for sewing.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”