Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

URR BOM December block

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gmaann

Re: URR BOM December block

Post by gmaann » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:43 am

Sharon - What inspired me to join this BOM was the fact that I was attracted to 3 qiults at the Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge last March. After admiring them over and over again, I realized that all 3 were the Underground Railroad quiilt! One was made with the 6" blocks, the other 2 with the 12" blocks. One of the larger quilts was made with the 1800 reproduction fabrics and the other was made of mostly blues and burgundys. They were all OUTSTANDING, and had such different looks that it took me 3 days of walking by them to notice that they were all the same pattern.

SO - use you stash and know that your quilt will be wonderful!!

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:44 am

Kenderosa - I will be waiting (not so patiently) to see the photo. It will be an inspiration to all of us!

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:59 pm

Gmaann- Just posted photo of my finished quilt under pictures. Maybe it will inspire others to finish theirs.
Sue

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:14 am

It's beautiful and is TRULY an inspiraton. Thank you so much for posting the photo, Sue!

jameswife2003

Post by jameswife2003 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:19 am

I actually started this as a BOM with the sewing machine store my mom was working for a couple of years ago. I think this was the 3rd quilt I started, although I'd sewn a few other blocks before. I'm working the whole thing on the treadle machine, so I'm saving anything with applique for last, not entirely sure how I'm going to do it. I think I'm going to follow along with y'all and see how everyone else is doing, maybe that will make me want to work on these little 6" blocks again!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”