Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

newbie confused

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Grammy2

newbie confused

Post by Grammy2 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:51 am

as a newbie, I find this very confusing. I wish there was a way to list each BOM,swap,etc in its own folder. Example- say there was a charm swap started today & sign up ends jan. 1. All posting would be placed in that folder. The same for a BOM starting & ending. Is this clear as mud.
Does anyone else have trouble or is it because I'm new at this.I'll keep reading here & maybe it will be ok.

I'ts hard to know when a new one begins & one ends

sharon

Cathy32078

Re: newbie confused

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:53 am

Could you copy the info concerning the swaps you are in and paste it into an email to yourself. Then create a folder for these emails. That might help, I don't know.

naniyosie

Post by naniyosie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:13 am

I forget which ones I signed up for too!!!
If you create a folder in your email; how would you be updated with new info???? I'm confused on that.

What if Andy sets up 'folders' in "Your Account" - then we can track that way???????

I've got my thinking cap on!!!!

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:32 pm

how about just print them out and keept hem in a notebook

AudreyB

Post by AudreyB » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:50 pm

I got so confused on all of this, I jsut stopped trying to join in! Yep, it is very sad but true!

Audrey

Caroline1947

Post by Caroline1947 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:36 pm

I just make a new desktop folder,copy in word pad and save to the folder...

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:44 pm

I can e-mail the swaps I am interested in to myself... what I wish....since we are wishing.... is that when one is closed it would say so in the subject line so that I don't open them and then find out later that they are closed....Or, perhaps, put the open / close date in the subject line?

Or am I just wanting too much?

Chriss
Psalm 91

quilterbee

Post by quilterbee » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:20 am

It is confusing because there's no database like Yahoo. I just join 1 or 2 swaps and I don't look at anything else. Amie

debbie510

Post by debbie510 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:50 am

I was really confused at first too because of all the swaps going on. But I finally got a little notebook and when I want to join something I write all the info in the notebook. ex: what it is, when it starts, when the charms or whatever is due, when they are due back, the hostess address, etc. The I mark it with a little stickie note.

I have a section for my secret santa person. All the info I need to know is in there.

I even have a section for websites. Everytime someone posts a good website I write it down & what it is about.

This is the only thing that has kept me organized so far. Otherwise I would be lost. I carry this just about everywhere I go, even to work. It has helped a lot, because I am scatterbrained. My DH said if my head wasn't attached I would lose it.

Debbie

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:10 am

I do like Caroline. . . any address I need I highlight and copy then open up WORD (or whatever document program you have) and paste it, and write what it is for. I created a "new Folder" named it "QIAD addresses" and then save them to that folder. I also have a QIAD recipe folder, copy, paste to word and save as "QIAD recipe". You could do the same with the different swaps. Make a new folder "QIAD Swaps" then copy, paste in word, then you can add to it or even delete it if you wish when it is over.

I do like the binder idea for the different websites. My "Favorites" list is getting out of hand. LOL
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”