Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thanksgiving Plans???

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Thanksgiving Plans???

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:30 am

My two daughters(CA&TX)are not coming home for Thanksgiving this year.Their in-laws are visiting them. Sooo I will be going to visit my sisters In Massachuetts. We will all meet at sister Joyce's. She does a great turkey! I will be GREATLY thankful to God my Father for bringing us back together after so many years. What are you doing?
Kathy

lorettav

Re: Thanksgiving Plans???

Post by lorettav » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:40 am

That's wonderful, Kathy. Hope it is a blessed time.

Loretta

sewingbee44

Post by sewingbee44 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:42 am

Thats GREAT! Im an only child,but when I see my Mom get together with her sisters,who live a distance apart.She just lights up!That makes me feel good for her.You have a wonderful time,take lots of pictures and make room for pie:>Yvette

Checkers

Post by Checkers » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi Kathy
I usually have Thanksgiving - but this year my nephew is newly married and they just bought a house so I offered it to them and they are thrilled. We'll all be together and starting new traditions. I wish you and all here a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Mary

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:39 pm

Since my ex has decided to have Thanksgiving dinner at his house, my kids will likely be with him. BUT Thanksgiving day is my Mom's birthday so I will probably spend the day with her and/or my one of my brothers and their family. I have 5 brothers and 1 sister, so there's always somewhere to go! And since it's not bloody likely that I'd get invited to ex's house (which is FINE with me! LOL) I'd just as soon go to brothers or Mom's. It's very difficult for Mom to get out any more, so I'm thinking I'll bring dinner for her! I am hoping that my LA quilter has time to finish the quilt I made for her by then, if not it will make a great Christmas gift! Either way is fine by me!

Marymargaret

teetee1969

Post by teetee1969 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:01 am

Mary, this Thanksgiving day is my Mom's birthday, too, her 60th!!
So, my SIL & I decided we'll make dinner for the family this year and let her relax. Funny thing about that is, neither of us have cooked a bird before! I sure hope we do alright with Tom Turkey! If nothing else, it should be a lot of fun to try! And if I know my mother, she'll be right behind us, coaching. It'll be a day to remember, that's what it's all about anyway!

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:33 am

tee tee

Just a suggestion, I find works great for the Turkey!! Use one of the Reynolds Cooking bags for the bird... Comes out great every time!! The skin gets nice and brown and the bird stays juicy!

marymargaret

PS my Mom will be 84!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:51 am

I love Thanksgiving! I love cooking up a storm, trashing the kitchen, and EATING! Need to start thinking about my menu! It's less than 3 weeks away!

I must second Maryq's recommendation of the Reynold's cooking bags. I don't use plastic very much, but these bags are an exception. We barely have to carve our turkey because it falls apart and is VERY moist. The bags also cut the cooking time WAY down, to as little as 2-3 hours for a 12 to 15 pound bird. There is no basting, so you are not wasting energy opening and closing the oven door, and you don't risk burning yourself reaching in with the basting syringe!

Carole

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:38 am

Maryq - you are totally welcome to come to my house for Thanksgiving!!! (and that is a serious invite! . . . but I know you have the kids - specifically the DD - up for the weekend . . . but you are welcome to come!)

I do Thanksgiving for DH, DSIL (DH's brother's widow), and her two sons. Guess I'd better start thinking about the menu -

turkey
dressing
mashed potatoes
yams
green bean casserole
pickles
home-made (with the help of my bread machine) rolls
....baby carrots
pumpkin pie
apple pie
chocolate pie

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:06 am

Let's see about that menu...
--turkey
--GRAVY!
--garlic buttermilk mashed potatoes
--sweet potato and apple casserole
--some green veggie (peas or green beans)
--corn (on the cob if I can find some)
--whole grain rolls
DH will want pecan pie, and I'd like an apple...

We don't have a big family, so I like to keep things pretty simple.
Carole

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”