Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Pictures & story for Christmas stockings for the troops

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
cindyg

Re: Pictures & story for Christmas stockings for the troops

Post by cindyg » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:42 am

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:48 am

maybe the folks who read this will want to participate

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:15 pm

That's a great story - so glad you were able to give the project some PR!
Ann

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:18 pm

OMG!!! First off, Mary Ellen, what a great sewing room you have! Secondly...WOW!...100 more stockings coming this way...Yippee! Yahoo! Holy Cow!!! You Go Girl! DH just keeps getting more excited about this project and ordered a boatload more snacks for the stockings today.

That was really something reading the newspaper article and seeing your picture! I had to run tell DH that it was in the newspaper that he was "the organizer's wife"!!LOL!..and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about! I'm rather blown away by this, to be honest. It's not often I'm rendered speechless, you know! LOL!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:24 pm

Mary Ellen, I'm STILL stunned by this! I don't think it's truly sunk in yet! LOL! This is just COOL!!!

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:24 pm

I clicked on the link in the story and it takes you to GP's original Christmas Stocking page. Maybe more quilters will join the effort.

Sunsup/Sandy

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:21 am

Just a little update before I head to work this a.m. This is REALLY getting exciting now! We're going to start mailing out the unit's pkgs. this week! We've been working on all the details and getting everything ready for it. We're going to get what we have all mailed out, but decided not to put a deadline on receiving the stockings...even those that arrive later we'll send when they arrive. We figured the soldiers will love receiving them regardless if they arrive after Christmas or not, so if you've got some in progress....they'll get sent when we receive them. We want to send as many as we can and will continue filling and sending as long as they are rolling in to us! DH decided they'd mail better and we could get more in a pkg. if we put each stocking's fillers in a large ziploc bag and then place the stockings in the box flat. I'll have my camera at work taking pics as we go along and will post them as soon as I can for ya'll. Lots to do, but I'll update you as we go along this week. Again, thank you to everyone who has contributed so generously to this project and made it possible! It touches me deeply to see the results of all your hard work, the stockings are just beautiful and the warm sentiments they represent really tug at my heart-strings. Thank you so much!

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:13 pm

Mary Ellen you go girl!!!!!!!

teacupdelights

Post by teacupdelights » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:08 pm

Nice article. Thanks for sharing.

WooooooooHoooooooo for MaryEllen, GeorgiaPeach and all involved.

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:43 am

Peachy, dear, a box with some Christmas stockings and a few other items is heading out to you; went out in the mail yesterday.

Carole

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”