Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Postage Research for Charm Mailing

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

Postage Research for Charm Mailing

Post by maryq » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:00 am

Okay gals,
I finally got to the post office this morning

I mailed 30 charm baggies to LACW in New York. They fit in a 9x12" padded mailer and included the return envelope. I used mostly the snack size zippy bags and they fit in there pretty well. Total cost to mail was $3.00 there and another $3.00 back to me. They will go first class as opposed to priority--but I think they'll get there pretty quickly anyway. A little less than the $4.60 for priority.

So there you have it, my postal research!

Marymargaret

PS Loralee, let me know when they arrive if you would please, then we can see how long it takes to get from MN to NY!

lacw

Re: Postage Research for Charm Mailing

Post by lacw » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:14 am

Mary,

Thanks for the info on postage rates and cheapest way to send them ! Every bit helps. I'll let you know as soon as I get them.

Loralee

Sara

Post by Sara » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:30 am

Just a couple thoughts about this postage thing, I wonder if it is cheaper to mail them in the old fashioned thin sandwich bags without the zipper closures, or if we put our names on paper and either paperclipped them or pinned them to two squares and put all the squares in one plastic bag?
sara

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:17 pm

maryq - hope this doesn't mean you are going postal! LOL!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”