Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

December 2007 Charm Swap

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TexasQuilter

Re: December 2007 Charm Swap

Post by TexasQuilter » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:33 am

Debbie - So sorry about your job. Right at Christmas, too! Best of luck in your job search.

Laura

debbie510

Post by debbie510 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:05 pm

I am going to take advantage of my time off and get ready for Christmas, do some baking and sewing. And then after the new year I will start looking again. Just not in the housing or banking business. My sister wants me to go back to nursing school but I feel like I am too old.

Anyway I feel there are reasons for things that happen and God will take care of me and help me find something else that I need to be doing.

If I had my choice I would stay home and play all day, but my DH is in real estate and houses are not selling right now.

I hope the charms get there soon. I am working on my Valentine charms tonight which are due on the 20th. Don't think they are going to get there on time either.

Debbie

strose

Post by strose » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:57 am

Debbie - I'm sorry about the job and the timing. I hope you enjoy your time off during the holidays. And FYI you're never too old to go back to school if it's for something you want. Nurses are definitely in demand. Good luck!

Barbara

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:13 pm

Debbie, When I was in nursing school (to many years ago) there was a 'young' lady of 62 in the adult class. She had always wanted to be a nurse & decided to go for it. So, no we are never to old to learn new things!!

Sharon v.

debbie510

Post by debbie510 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:17 pm

That is interesting. Maybe I will look into nursing school.
I sure have enjoyed having time off though. I have gotten all my Christmas shopping done and have gone visiting with family and friends. I'm sure I will find something after the new year. Can you all believe it is going to be 2008? Where have the years gone?

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:17 am

Debbie you are not too old to go back to school. Sounds like you already started Nursing school at one time so you just need to go back and get the degree.

My Brother-in-law went to Pharmacy school at the ripe old age of 41. A lot of people thought he was nuts but it was something he was always interested in. He had to leave the state to get into a nice school and his family, wife and 2 sons, supported his dream while he was away and now at 64 is retiring with a nice pension and of course we all call him whenever we get prescribed with a new medicine. LOL He still keeps up with all the new manuals, kind of a hobby for him, and doesn't regret a minute of having done it. Oldest one in his class and graduated at the top of his class.

You can do it!
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:52 pm

Christmas Eve Update

It's been a nice quiet evening here in MN... DD and I watched a movie and sorted charms!!! So if you get really goofy ones... it's cuz we were drinking Baileys!! Just kidding. Still have to double check them all them all, but hopefully they will be out soon.. Will have to get a lot of my errands run before I start my new job on January 7th.

Merry Christmas everyone. I'll have all my kids together tomorrow and will post some pictures asap!

Marymargaret

janciesquilts

Post by janciesquilts » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:03 pm

Hi Maryq, just wanted to make sure you got my new address?

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:01 pm

Oh boy, oh boy-- more surprises!!!
I guess I will be bugging DH to go to the PO everyday again!!!

Sharon V.

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:02 am

CONGRATULATIONS on the new job Mary. . . . .do you get time off before you start?

It will be nice having you here with us on the weekends now. . . except when you get to your cabin on that beautiful lake.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”