Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Charms Swap Idea

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

Charms Swap Idea

Post by maryq » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:57 pm

Hi Folks

This is just a little silly idea..... to save on zip bags....

As I am getting my bags organized and filled, rather than put a sticky label on the outside, I'm putting a little paper label on the inside.... My thinking is this: the sticky labels are hard to get off and when I get all my charms back, I'll probably take them out of the bags to organize by color,.... without sticky tags on the outside, I can re-use the zippy bags. Not that they are hugely expensive or anything. I just like to conserve where possible.

does that make sense to y'all?

marymargaret

MsSewNSew

Re: Charms Swap Idea

Post by MsSewNSew » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:01 pm

Maryq, that is exactly what I did. I didn't want to go buy labels so I just made labels in Word and then printed them on plain paper and cut them out. I added borders on the labels to give me lines to cut on.

I did 2 different ones. One says "Washed" and the other says "Not washed".

I'm a penny pincher except when it comes to fabric or quilting. I would rather not buy bags when I could reuse them. Plus you don't have to have label stock. :-D

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:44 am

I don't know why I didn't think of that!!! I also save all of the baggies I get charms/FQ in.... you haven't met a frugal New Englander until you've met me! My Grammie was worse - she lived through the depression and saved balls of rubber bands, balls of scrap string, etc.

LynnS

Post by LynnS » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:46 am

That's funny! I have a spot in the pantry with the baggies from the last swap and my husband asked why all our ziplocks have other people's names on them.

I made a Word document and I just alter it depending on washed or not, and print as needed.

lacw

Post by lacw » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:58 am

Great idea ! Thanks Maryq for bringing this up.

Loralee

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:44 am

Maryq what a great idea. I keep my baggies too and as some of you have noticed I have been trying to black out the other persons name. I will start with the blue charm swap doing it your way.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:16 am

I just went through my Charms yesterday and discovered the same thing. What a shame to waste all of those baggies. Great idea Maryq!

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

patsyann06

Post by patsyann06 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:30 am

Great idea Mary!!! Will be recycling these little baggies from now on! Love your Quilt pictures, especially your Mom's quilt, it is gorgeous. I know you she will love it!

lorettav

Post by lorettav » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:14 am

Good idea.

Loretta

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:28 am

Very good idea! I have a bunch of baggies now that I will reuse, even if the label won't come off. I'll just put my paper in the inside of the baggie and use marker on the label on the baggie.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”