Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Charm swaps monthly

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Abbigail

Charm swaps monthly

Post by Abbigail » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:22 am

It looks like there are enough people interested in charm swaps. There are several months already being hosted by different players. Would there be an interest in doing monthly swaps with a theme or color choice for each month? we have this so far:

Nov. blues charms
? (Dec) a Holiday theme
2008 assorted charms
Feb. neturals/beiges/off whites. I'll do this one

Any more host or hostess want another month? If so we could get together on the deadlines and guidelines. This should be so much fun! I've done this with strings and you really get a great assortment of prints and shades to use. What's everyone think?
~Abbigail~

Georgiapeach

Re: Charm swaps monthly

Post by Georgiapeach » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:19 am

Love the idea and I'd be happy to hostess one....BUT....I'm up to my ears with Christmas stockings and the autograph block swap, so if I could do it sometime after the holidays I'd love to. But, I can still play before it's my turn to hostess, right?! LOL!

Pam
this is getting embarrassing...EVERY post I make I've got to edit it! Wow, old habits are hard to break! LOL!

SHARONMAMAW

Post by SHARONMAMAW » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:11 am

I CAN HOST ONE, MAYBE MARCH (ITS MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!)
HOW ABOUT PINKS AND REDS, ONE OF MY NICK NAMES IS T---- PINK. LONG STORY
SHARON
:^)

SHARONMAMAW

Post by SHARONMAMAW » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:17 am

TIDDY PINK
HERE IS THE STORY
A QUILTING FRIEND WAS MAKING A QUILT. ONE OF THE COLORS IN HER MATERIAL, SHE WAS CALLING LIGHT RED. SHE SAID SHE WAS GONNA PAINT HER BEDROOM WALLS THIS COLOR. I LEANED OVER TO TAKE A LOOK AND SAID, " OH, THATS TIDDY PINK." SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY, EXCEPT THAT SHE COULDN'T PAINT HER BEDROOM WALLS..... TIDDY PINK. SO NOW THAT WHOLE GROUP FROM MEMPHIS NOW CALLS ME TIDDY PINK SHARON! LOL WE HAVE TWO SHARONS IN THE DYERSBURG GROUP.

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:23 am

I can do one next year. Any month will do.

Diane

Evie

Post by Evie » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:26 am

I wouldn't mind hosting one for May. You know the old saying, April Showers bring May Flowers. I'd like to do a flower charm exchange for May. All cotton, no flannels, no batiks, and no homespun. Any color flowers as long as they are not large scale prints. Since the charms are only 5" I would think the flowers should be around the size of a quarter or smaller.

What would everyone think of this one?

Evie

Post by Evie » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:28 am

Would the charms have to be 5"? I would love to do the summer porch quilt and I think the squares have to be 8" before cutting them. This would make a neat summer porch quilt.

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:10 am

I am going to try & unconfuse some of this, if I may?

I'm in for monthly swaps and holiday theme swaps. That would make 2 different charm swaps going on at the same time. How about we change sizes for other patterns?

November hostess is lacw, color is blue
December hostess is
January hostess is CoyoteQuilts
February hostess is Abbigail, colors are neutrals, browns, beige
March hostess is Sharonmamaw, colors are pink & red
April hostess is
May hostess is Evie, theme is flowers only-no batiks, flannels or homespuns

How about standard due dates so we won't have to search for them on the forum. (Except Nov. sign up by Oct 15th, send by Nov 1)
Sign up last day of month, send by 15th of next month, returned by end of that month.
Jan is sign up by 31st, send by Feb. 15th returned by Feb 28th
Feb is sing up by 28th, send by Mar 15th returned by Mar 31st. etc.

Does that sound okay?
Any other suggestions?

:) Sharon

Abbigail

Post by Abbigail » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:15 pm

This sounds great so far! How many sets do we send in? Do we just want to set an amount of sets to send in? I'm game for that, I'd rather know in advance how many to cut instead of waiting to see how many sign up. Or do we just send in a set for each member playing that month?

And Yes, you can play any month you want to, any or all of them, even if you don't host a month. I'd be happy to host more than one month but I'd like to wait to see if anyone else wants to host.
~Abbigail~

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:40 pm

Okay Charm Hostesses... Count me In!

In order to not get myself too confused, I've made a List of the MOnths November through May.

Lacw. Count me in for November

Coyotequilts.... count me in for January---any particular theme/color?

Abigail.. ditto for February

Sharon... ditto for March

Now if y'all would PM me your mailing addresses... that would be great. I'll add them to my charm square list so I will remember right where I put them. If I don't write things down, I'll never remember!

Sounds like great fun!

marymargaret

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”