Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Underground Railroad BOM

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gmaann

Underground Railroad BOM

Post by gmaann » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:21 am

Hello All! It sounded like Peaches was overwhelmed with many demands. I'll take over until she can be back with us. I LOVED her 'lesson plans' and hope she'll be able to rejoin us soon. Has ANYONE heard anything from her?

For September, let's do the North Star block. It's Skill Level is rated Easy, and it will give us a chance to use our Flying Geese ruler again. The directions start on page 128 in the book.

BYW - did you all read the message from QIAD-Linda that there will be new Flying Geese rulers coming out soon for other sizes. I understand that there will be 2 rulers, packaged together. Can't wait!

Georgiapeach

Re: Underground Railroad BOM

Post by Georgiapeach » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:52 am

gmaan, thanks for stepping up to direct us! I hope Peaches is doing ok and will be back to join us soon, and I'm sure she appreciates your help! At the moment, I'm behind on all the BOM's because I am buried under an avalanche of Christmas stockings! LOL! Which is wonderful! I'm following along on the BOM's, though, and will catch up all in one fell swoop when I can see my way clear.

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:11 am

Gmaann- Thanks for stepping up to the plate. Was wondering if I had missed something. I've fast forwarded on this quilt and will post photos when finished. How is everyone else comming along?

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:43 am

Kenderosa - have you finished ALL the blocks??

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:50 am

GP - glad you're feeling better, and BLESS YOU for your huge part in the stocking project!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:30 am

gmaan, thanks, yes I am feeling much better today. I went to work early yesterday and stayed late and kinda over-did it and felt exhausted last p.m. But, I caught up enough so that I can stay home today and part of tomorrow, too, so I am thrilled! A hot bath and good nights sleep did me a world of good! I'm going to work on two swaps I'm in today and when that's finished I can start to catch up on the BOM's at last. This Christmas stocking project is definitely mine and my DH's pleasure! It is such a rewarding, feel-good thing for us and we are enjoying it so much. I think it is doing more for us than it will for the troops. We are involving our sons and their fiances and our little grandmonkey in it with us so that it is a family project, as well. What it is giving us inside is priceless. When DH and I read the e-mail yesterday from the Sargeant tears were rolling down both our faces. In fact, DH is going to send a pkg. of snacks separate from the stockings right now, he wants them to have something RIGHT NOW and then the stockings later on, too. It is incredible the outpouring of contributions that have been rolling in for this and we can't thank everyone enough for all their help in making this project happen! DH is on a mission right now buying the snacks our soldiers have said they want in their stockings....he is having a ball! And I'll bet he gains a few lbs. from it because I'm sure he'll be "quality testing" each type snack! LOL!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:32 am

gmaann thanks for taking over until Peaches comes back. I can't wait to do another block. :)

Lori 8-)

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:33 am

Ok, all URR BOMers! If you haven't done the North Star block yet, do it!! It took me about 30 minutes to finish it, and it came out perfectly! This is going to be such a beautiful quilt!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”