Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Egg Money BOM - Block Four - Rosebud

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Evie

Egg Money BOM - Block Four - Rosebud

Post by Evie » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:44 am

This is an easy block to do. If you can do half-square triangles, you can do this. There are not "Y" seams in this block! Yea!

Read the entire chapter before you start. If you have the video, you'll want to watch it.

You will need good square up rulers. I used the 6 1/2" square up ruler and the 6 1/2" by 13" ruler with the 45 degree angles on it. Both came in real handy.

The slow part of this block is the fact that you are always having to stop and square up. But it's worth it in the end.

Here are my three blocks: L to R: Thimbleberries, Batiks, and Reproduction.

Which one do you like best?

I'm going to wind up with 3 quilts when we are done!

Littlebit

Re: Egg Money BOM - Block Four - Rosebud

Post by Littlebit » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:13 am

They all look really great. If I had to pick a favorite it would be the thimbleberries. This is another one I need to get done!

texasgal65

Post by texasgal65 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:21 pm

They are all wonderful. I like the Thimbleberries and the reproduction, both my favorite lines. I have completed this block and had no problems. Just as Evie says, careful squareups at each section will assure you good results. This is such fun. This is my first excursion at doing a BOM, and I really like this way of completing a quilt. I am doing two identical blocks each month. Thank you Evie for hostessing this.

Evie

Post by Evie » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:24 pm

You're welcome. I'm enjoying hosting this and it motivates me to make these blocks everymonth.

Thanks for the compliments.

If you can, post pictures of your blocks. I love seeing everyones masterpieces and it will inspire others to make theirs or to join us.

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:25 pm

texasgal65 - Do you have a way of posting pictures of your blocks? We would love to see them!!

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:43 pm

Evie, I love all three blocks. I don't think I could pick a favorite because each one looks great. I still haven't done last months block, but I do have all my blocks cut out. I will have to get it done this week so that I do not fall too far behind.

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:28 pm

I really like the thimbleberries but then again they all look great.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:01 pm

I like the thimbleberries as next to 1800's that is my favorite line of fabric.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Evie

Post by Evie » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:53 am

Does anyone else have pictures to share? We'd love to see them.

This is a really easy block. These go together fast and six of them would make a nice little snuggle quilt for a little girl.

Thanks everyone for the nice complements.

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:29 am

I haven't gotten my rosebud block done but I have finished my Turkey Tracks blocks. I posted pictures on the other discussion.

Ann

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”