Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Pioneer Sampler - Need Suggestions

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
HugANurse

Pioneer Sampler - Need Suggestions

Post by HugANurse » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:36 am

Hi all, I want to make my sampler bigger for my queen bed and need some suggestions. I need 4 extra squares - so far I like Hands All Around and Homestead, but as usual, I am not sure. I want to keep the blocks similar in to those in the sampler.

Any suggestions pro/con gladly accepted.

Thanks, Bobbi

WeSignificant

Re: Pioneer Sampler - Need Suggestions

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:32 pm

Where are the 4 extra squares going? Can you put them on the corners and repeat some of the squares in the quilt?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:13 pm

How about a double nine patch, Sawtooth star, hands all around, Chimney's and cornerstones. I have the directions for 12 inch block if you're interested. Lori
Lori 8-)

Evie

Post by Evie » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:18 pm

What books do you own? Maybe there will be a pattern in one of them that would fit. Let us know what books you have.

Also, don't forget Quilterscache. Be careful with the free patterns on QIAD website. They are not all 12" finished blocks.

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:41 am

How about North Star from Underground Railroad? Pioneers probably used the stars for guidance, too...

Carole

HugANurse

Post by HugANurse » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:53 pm

Thanks all.

WeSig - I just planned to do an extra row of blocks. I want to do the seminole border - don't know how I would put them in the corner.

CaroleJ - I like the North Star from UURR. but there are already two stars in the quilt. BUT, you never know, by the time I am through, there may be 3!

zfatcat - I am definitely going to use Hands all Around, so if you have a pattern for the 12" block, that would be great. The one I have is 11 3/4". I like the Chimney's one - but I am trying to keep with the type of blocks on the quilt. Am going to save that one for another quilt. I may use the double nine patch if I can use the light fabric as the solid. I may have to play with it.

Evie - I looked at the books I have and Egg Money quilts has a couple that might work. I also found Monkey Wrench in El's Trio of Treasured quilts, and it is great. Thanks for the idea. So that is 2 down 2 to go!! I'll check out Quilterscache also. I found a great block on QIAD - Homestead - but I will have to graph it out as it is only 10 1/2" finished size. I think this would be a great time for EQ!!!!

I'll keep looking, thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Bobbi

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:43 am

Have you seen Carpenter's Wheel from URR? The angles in the block might be a nice compliment to the star blocks you already have.

Carole

HugANurse

Post by HugANurse » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:51 pm

CaroleJ - I love it - at least the one I found. It isn't on El's site, I will have to check the UGRR Book and see if it is the same. I hink it would be perfect. Thanks.

Bobbi

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”