Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Post Pioneer Sampler Pics Here - February block posted

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
HugANurse

Re: Post Pioneer Sampler Pics Here - February block posted

Post by HugANurse » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:14 pm

Here is the revised January block. I like it better. Tried changing the three strips on each side, but it didn't look right. Any other suggestions? I am open to any and all suggestions!!
[/img]

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:25 pm

I like the contrast better on the new block.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:58 pm

I have to think and contemplate on that one Huganurse.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:22 am

Much better Bobbi, I'm not sure what it is about the stripes, because I like the blue/white against the dark blue, but I think the middle stripe might be too light?? Hope this helps :)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:43 am

Littlebit - I think your right. What if you switch the light blue with the cream stripe. Just switch their position?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

HugANurse

Post by HugANurse » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:17 am

I'll play around with it, and let you know. Sounds like a good idea to me. I did try a light blue in the middle, and it didn't look right, so I went with the dark. Keep the ideas coming. Now I need to look at the next ones and figure out colors (it may take me to September!!!!)

HugANurse

Post by HugANurse » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:05 am

OK folks, here is the latest try. I did not sew this, just laid the strips on the top. At 12 and 3 I just put in light blue strips of different fabrics. At 6 I changed the outer two pieces, and at 9 I reversed the two choices from 6. Well, is it any of these, or do I go back to the drawing board? Sure am glad you are here to help. I hate picking out colors, but I love quilting. Is there something wrong with me???

Bobbi

[/img]

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:44 am

There is nothing wrong with you Bobbi - I like the bottom set the best. But I would like to see what it looks like with the tan/blue one that you have on the right side as the very bottom strip. And then I would like to see the medium blue from the right side as the last strip. Am I making any sense?? :)

HugANurse

Post by HugANurse » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:29 am

Littlebit - I am not sure what you mean. On the right in the picture, I have from the center #1 - tan with blue flowers, #2 - light blue with blue leaves and #3 is darker tan with blue geometric pattern.

Which one do you want me to put where on the lower 3 strips(6 o'clock group)? If there is another one just number it from the center out and at what position on the clock it is in the picture. (What can I say, I am a nurse and we want to please people.)

I can do this all day long, just wish you guys were here to help me in person. Am off work today - felt lousy this morning!

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:40 am

Sorry your not feeling well - Ok take the #2 (light blue with leaves) from the right and put it as the bottom strip on the 6 o'clock block
Then I would also like to see what #3 from the right as the bottom strip on the 6 o'clock block

The top two strips stay the same just want to see what the other two would look like, because I'm thinking the light blue will look best, just have to see - Driving you nuts yet???? lol

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”