Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Pics of Christmas Stocking Project

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Georgiapeach

Re: Pics of Christmas Stocking Project

Post by Georgiapeach » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:21 pm

SHARONMAMAW, it does feel like Christmas in that room! A customer came by today and while he was waiting to speak with my DH I lured him back to my office so I could show off the Christmas stockings. Well, he loved them, of course. He complimented my chair and I asked him to have a seat, so he got real comfortable and I continued to talk about the project with the stockings. Then DH and he had their meeting. After he left DH came and asked me what I'd done to that man! "Why, what do you mean?" Well, he ended up ordering way more stuff than he came to order, and told DH he wanted to make a nice donation to the stocking project! And told him that I was so enthusiastic about the project plus the women's and children's shelter that it just made him want to get involved. Yahoo!!! I'll bet you anything that man wanted to make a donation because he was afraid if he didn't I'd gab his ear off about it again!!!! ROFLOL!

akeleyquilter

Post by akeleyquilter » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:19 pm

The stockings look great. I love your chair it looks very comfy. We are planning on making more stockings this Thursday. How many do you have now and how many more do you need? Did you hear back from the
Sgt. regarding the items to fill the stockings?

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:53 pm

Just had to share this with all of you......I made my first stocking yesterday and brought it into work to show my co-workers. In the afternoon a customer came in to show us the gorgeous log cabin quilt she made. One of the girls mentioned my stocking and after showing it to her & telling her about our project, she said that she & a friend would be more than happy to help us out. She'll be stopping back at work tomorrow for the pattern & she was going to start cutting the strips today!! She does beautiful work & I can't wait to see her stockings. I guess it helps to get to know our customers!!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:19 pm

mequilter, that is great! akeleyquilter, no, I have not heard back from the Sgt. yet, but I e-mailed him again today just to touch base again. In the meantime, we're price shoppiing for some of the items we know will be included. I've received 12 more stockings since posting the pics. We want to send 300 stockings to the troops. If by chance we get a windfall more than 300 stockings, then I plan to take all the ones I've made and give them to the women's and children's shelter I mentioned earlier, and there are nursing homes and any number of local places that would appreciate these. I know all of you are making these for the soldiers and I certainly wouldn't give yours to any other group without your permission. But, if we get all we can afford to send to the troops, then I will take all the ones I've made elsewhere.....there's plenty of needy people who would love to have these for Christmas. That's why I've been just going for it and sewing and not worrying about having too many! DH has projected we'll spend about $5,000.00 for the troops stuffers and postage for 300 stockings. The womens and childrens shelter will not be nearly that much because there's approx. 50 and there'll be no postage since I'll deliver it myself.

ladybess

Post by ladybess » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:04 pm

I just read in one of my quilting magazines about Operation First Response (www.operationfirstresponse.org). Might be able to help with appropriate stuffers, mailing, etc.

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:22 pm

Georgia, I really don't care where you send my stockings. I know they will make someone happy and I trust your judgment. I'll send more as soom as I finish the quilt I'm working on.

SusieQ51

Post by SusieQ51 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:23 am

GP - Your room looks like heaven. Everything all neat and organized. Mine is the perfect example of organized chaos - more chaos then organization. The stockings look beautiful!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:43 pm

sunsup, thanks, that was sweet of you! SusieQ, I only wish my sewing room at home was as organized as my one at work! LOL! I played hookie from work today, was just exhausted from working 10 hr. days. So, inbetween naps, I washed and folded fabric and watched the Christmas at Bear's Paw Ranch DVD.....now that was HEAVEN ON A STICK!!! In fact, it was so wonderful, that I think I may do it again tomorrow! LOL! I could get used to this real danged quick!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:28 pm

GP you need to do that more often girlfriend! You work too hard! I know you & Bill are both hard workers, but slow down just a bit ever chance you get! I learned a few years ago, If you do not slow down and take care of yourself to an extent, God can and has put people on their backs so they are then forced. So slow down and rest up. Cannot have you burning out. Got to take care of our Queen!

HUGS

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

Cathy, the Queen is heeding your good advice, and putting it into practice again today!!!! Very true, if you don't tend to yourself, then you can't do anything for anyone else, that's for sure. And we get so caught up in the rut of believing we've got to keep juggling and all the plates in the air, that we lose sight of being reasonable. As far as I'm concerned right now, a few of those plates I'm trying to juggle can just hit the floor and crash...good riddance! LOL! I'll lay odds the sun will still rise tomorrow if I slow down a tad bit!!! Like, hello, I'm not that danged important, I need to regroup and readjust my priorities!!! ROFLOL!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”