Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Pics of Christmas Stocking Project

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Cathy32078

Re: Pics of Christmas Stocking Project

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:47 am

I keep going back to look at the stockings! Ya'll really did a great job. But-----hate to say it, In the 4th pic, Daisy does not look real. ROFLOL She cracks me up. She looks like she really has an attitude going on in that pic! LOL I just LOVE it! Oh! And your chair looks so inviting! I could really see myself sitting there without a care in the world reading quilting books or gawking at your stash. Talk about a fantasy. LOL

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:25 am

Oh, the stocking look SO darling. I'm getting in my room and working on some in just a few minutes. Y'all have inspired me to get busy!!! GP - the next time I'm hand stitching a binding on I'm coming to sit in that chair to do it. It looks so comfy! I LMAO at Daisy. Lordy, what would we do without our babies??? Bill's a hunka-hunka with wings and a halo - it's so wonderful of him to get involved in the stocking project! And you're an angel with her pants on fire - ROFLOL It wears me out just to THINK about all you do. Again, everyone, you have done a great job on the stockings!!!! I feel guilty - I have completed one and I'm almost thru with the second one. I need to get busy.

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:10 pm

GP & Mr. GP.......Thanks so much for posting pictures of these. The colors and worksmanship are so beautiful. I will be attempting my first stocking shortly........the material is set to go. Sure hope it looks something like it's supposed to!! I'll let you know if it turns out. By the way, Daisy is absolutely adorable..DH not bad, either. LOL

peachette maryellen

ps...if you EVER want to find another home for that gorgeous chair, can I be first in line??????????

HugANurse

Post by HugANurse » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:14 pm

GP, the stockings are wonderful. Am looking forward to seeing your elves!

I am going to get going on mine this week. I think I may involve my friends 9 year old twins who want to learn to sew. Their dad spent 14 years in the Army and was with the JAG school in VA. He decided to get out before he had to do another overseaqs assignment.

The girls are so much fun, Bonnie even leaves her family to sit with me at church. I love it (and them too).

You are the greatest, am glad that I have gotten to know you. I think I will now be known as "Peachette Bobbi"

ladybess

Post by ladybess » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:45 pm

Should the toe of the stocking be pointing to the right or the left, or does it matter? My mother and I made over 50 stockings last year for an orphans home and we asked ourselves that question many times!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:29 pm

Oh No you don't Peachette MaryEllen! I want first dibs on that beautiful chair. LOL She won't have to even ship it---I will go there and watch her sew her little heart out. LOL GP Now see what you have started? LOL Now I may have to go Chair shopping. LOL

Hugs

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:19 am

That chair is really too big for the office, plus it has a matching ottoman, but when I was at the furniture store looking for a chair, well my back was hurting. Everything I sat in wasn't comfortable and when I spotted this one....I plopped down into it and it was heaven. That's all she wrote, it was coming home with me. DH told me it would make my office cramped, and I said, "fine, then take that desk out." It's the bomb, and you can actually take a nap in it. And if they'd get that desk out of there, I could sneak in a nap! LOL That screen and the chair are the same colors, doesn't show in the pic, though. My taste is ecclectic, the only rule I go by is if I like something or not. And I don't like that desk....it eats up too much of my time. Can't get near the thing that I don't have hours of work piled on me...it's got to go. IMHO the desk is the root of all evil. (how'd you like that, I used an acronym!)

LadyBess, it doesnt' matter which direction the stockings go. I'm sure the "southpaws" will appreciate something going in their direction for a change!

Bobbi, that's great you're involving the twin girls! They'll enjoy it!

Received 12 more gorgeous stockings over the weekend and I'll bet in the next couple days I'll have enough for the next batch of pics!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:24 am

ROFLOL @ GP about her evil desk in her office. LOL You are a hoot Sister. LOL That is my kind of thinking.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:53 am

if that chair was in my room I think I would most likely spend way to much time in it ha ha

SHARONMAMAW

Post by SHARONMAMAW » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:53 am

THOSE STOCKINGS LOOK GREAT! I BET ITS LIKE CHRISTMAS TO YOU, GP.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”