Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Pics of Christmas Stocking Project

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
QIAD-Linda

Re: Pics of Christmas Stocking Project

Post by QIAD-Linda » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:17 pm

GP, I love the picture of Daisy! It makes me chuckle at her "pose". Are you sure she is a dog and not a HAM! lol

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:34 pm

Linda, Daisy is a "ham" alright...she's a full-figured little gal! LOL! She's our office "greeter" and is the friendliest little girl ever, she loves everyone. I think I'll take her pic sitting at the sewing machine sewing stockings with her boa on. She loves to pose and is a ham, no doubt. That was the funniest thing when I took that pic, she was racing down the hall and skidded just inside the door then struck that pose....I was laughing so hard when I saw that she actually got in the pic!

I'm hitting the sack now, it's 12:30 p.m. here. Going to get up before the sun comes up so I can watch it rise over the mtn. with my coffee, then get the borders sewn on a quilt before the family gets up for breakfast. I love that time of day up here, it's wonderful!! Goodnight!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:55 pm

Looks like Christmas!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:00 pm

Boy you're going to town now. Love all the stockings. I sent you a PM regarding the company in Afghanistan.

I had to look twice at the first picture with Daisy. I thought it was a statue. LOL What a cutie.

Man, that is quite a stash of fabric on the shelves. Is that all for stockings??? It looks like Christmas fabric.

Nice looking hubby too. What a great guy he must be to be all involved with this. You guys are so very generous.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:04 pm

Oh My Goodness! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these stockings! They are just darling. You gals have really done a great job. All next week, my goal is to sew. Wonderful pics GP. I love your work place. So organized and neat. Bill did a great job in posting the pics BTW. Thank him for us. That Daisy is a doll! LOL Her pose is priceless. You get some rest and enjoy the sunrise. Thank You for being such a sweetheart and doing this project! You & your DH must have angel wings.

HUGS & Love,
Cathy

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:26 am

grammy, the far left bookcase is some of my Through the Seasons fabrics and some sale fabric from QIAD. When I'm waiting on others to finish their part of the paperwork to bring to me I can cut out or piece on a quilt project and I love that. Never been able to do that before and I love it! The other bookcases are for the Christmas fabrics and I will be loading them up as I transport them from home down there. That's my stocking template on the cutting table. I got huge rolls of warm-n-natural batting, 90"x40 yrds. and my son built a giant "paper towel holder" looking thing for them in the warehouse, so I can roll off the length I need for a row of stockings then bring it to my cutting table to cut with the template. It's not in the pics, but I have a wooden clothes drying rack that I've hung different widths of fabric over and it's real handy to put by the machine and just grab a strip while I sew. The blue stockings on the bottom row of the pics are solid fabric and diagnonally quilted. I think this would be great to use for those large scale Christmas fabrics with scenes or large poinsettias, etc... It's funny, this a.m. I had to come look at the pics again on here....I get to look at the stockings everyday at the office and I miss them!! LOL! Everyone at work is so excited about this project. I told them we'd set up an assembly line on tables in our warehouse when it was time to fill and package the stockings and I'd take their pics to post for ya'll, well, they said they wanted to wear Santa hats for the pics and be elves! LOL! Every pkg. of stockings that arrive the crew gathers around and ooohhh's and aaahhh's over them. And like I've said, these pics don't do them justice at all. DH told the ladies at work they can spend an hour a day taking turns sewing stockings. I haven't posted any of the ones we've done yet. Anyway, now I'm trying to weasel it in where I can get someone to put the cuffs on them for me and I get to do the part I like best! LOL! Until we get info and can set a deadline date for receiving these, we're just going to continue sewing them because whatever arrives late to us or any extras, I can always donate and deliver them to the VA hospital here.

This project is so much fun and you ladies have been so generous I am amazed! patsyann06 sent a very generous donation to go towards stuffers or shipping expenses, thank you so much, patsyann!

Yes, Daisy is quite a character, the little hoodlum! She's a rescue pup my sister sent to us when our almost 19 yr. old beloved cocker spaniel died. She was THE WORST puppy I've ever seen in my life, but she is the BEST dog EVER!! Thank goodness since they're dogs much longer than they are puppies! LOL! She has to be right beside me at all times, when I'm sewing she's on her quilt in the pic, and when I'm at my desk she's on her red sofa right beside me. She's a mama's girl. And boy, does she ever love her quilts!!! Funny thing, even before I started quilting, my mom told me that it looks like Daisy's coat is a quilt because on her right side by her leg she has a white patch that looks exactly like a quilt patch stitched on!!! Guess she was destined to be with a quilter!!! LOL!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:34 am

Great job on the stockings. I love all the different fabrics.
Lori 8-)

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:36 am

Can't wait to see the pics of your staff in their Santa hats. Sounds like a lot of fun for everyone. The pics might be enjoyed by the troops, maybe send a set with the stockings for all to enjoy also.

I too thought Daisy was a statue the first time I saw her. Then I saw the pic of your DH with her. I had a beagle for 15 years and he was also so friendly and happy.

Hope you are getting much needed R & R at your cabin. The sunrise sounds so peaceful.

Gotta so and try those diagonal stitches on a stocking.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:12 am

stockings are great i sure am envious of all that pretty fabric you have my stash is not so organized looks like you have lots of yardage in all yours as lots of mine are 1 yard and less maybe i need to buy larger amounts when ipurchase love daisy i have a rescued dog also goes in the rv with us and loves it and if i leave a quilt im working on are a top in the floor she thinks its for her so she just stays right under my feet ollie1shoe

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:07 am

ollie1shoe, I'd love to see a pic of your dog! I'll bet it's fun taking her/him in your rv with you, too! I know, aren't the stockings everyone has sent so wonderful?!!

We just got back home from the cabin and there was a pkg. on my porch from vagrandma....12 more stockings!!!! vagrandma, they are just gorgeous, love the fabrics you chose, the plaids and homespuns! All the variety of fabrics everyone is using for these is just great! Thanks so much everyone, this project is really going to be a success because of all of you!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”