Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Pics of Christmas Stocking Project

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Cathy32078

Re: Pics of Christmas Stocking Project

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:28 am

I don't know about that GP-----After all the Queen is pretty darned important!!!!! LOL So glad you took the day off again today. You deserve it. And yepper, bet the sun will still rise & set, just the same as always.

HUGS

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:01 pm

Well, I'll be darned, the sun rose today the same as always and it set the same way, too....and I played hookey again today. I had a peaceful and relaxing day, got some chores done at leisure and watched the DVD Quilting Through the Seasons, too! I feel like a new Queen! ROFLOL!!!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:51 pm

Well it is just wonderful that you feel like a new Queen, as long as we have our old Queen. ROFLOL I should say OUR ORIGINAL QUEEN, since you are NOT old. I'm just teasing you, ya know. LOL Anyway, since you are younger than I am, you certainly aren't old, because I sure as heck am not. LOL Good to see you on here!!!!!!!!

HUGS

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:08 pm

GP - I got some stockings sent off today. You'll have them toward the end of next week. Got one more made tonight with the fabric I was using before. But I'm sick of it now so tomorrow I'll cut into another stash of Christmas fabrics and get going on more. Glad you stayed your hiney home today.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:44 pm

cindyg...LOL! I'm glad I stayed my hiney home today, too! ROFLOL! Thank you for doing the stockings, I'm looking forward to seeing them and I know they're really cute! I think the next ones I make I want to do the solid front and quilt them with the bar-thingy that hooks to the walking foot...I have some gorgeous large poinsettia fabric that would look good like that. Plus, it's good to change it up a bit so we don't get tired of making the same ones over and over the same way.

Cathy, that was funny...believe me, I'm still the OLD Queen, I just feel more rested! LOL! And speaking of that, it' time to hit the sack, goodnight ya'll!

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:14 pm

Georgiapeach...excuse me...I mean Your Highness...are you going to post anymore pics of the stockings? Would love to see more.

QuiltLady57

Post by QuiltLady57 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:13 am

GP, when is the latest to send you stockings? Carin

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:05 am

vagrandma, I'm waiting until I have the design wall filled again, expecting more stockings this coming week and that should fill it up again, then I'll post more pics. When the first set was posted the captions I put didn't show up, but I'm thinking it might be nice to include who sent which stockings when the next batch is posted. What do ya'll think?

QuiltLady, I haven't got a set deadline to get them to me by, yet, but I'm thinking November 10th . Don't want to send them too early and certainly want them to arrive in plenty of time, too. We're going to pkg. all the ones that are to be sent to a certain address and have them all ready to go out. The first batch will be 80 stockings. The next batch to a different address will be 161. Going to send a few extras to each address, too, just in case there's extra people at Christmastime. Sorry I haven't gotten all the info for ya'll yet, but we are working on it. I have a printed list of items to send from several different websites, but they say not to send some of the items because they are swimming in the stuff already. Different info from each one! So, I'm waiting to hear back from a Sgt. with specific items they'd like to receive before I go buy everything. I sent a lot of sunblock with my stockings for IowaGal's project and this one website said not to because they had more than enough already. So, I'm trying to find out for sure. I've been price shopping for unscented, alcohol-free baby wipes in packettes and read several places they really like the Hoo-Ah brand of those. I wasn't at work Thursday or yesterday, so I may have received an e-mail from the Sgt. already.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:24 am

to the top for grammy 65. These are the only other pics I could find.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”