Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fall Block Swap - Closed

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
CindyB

Re: Fall Block Swap - Closed

Post by CindyB » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:02 am

You're on the list!

lorettav

Post by lorettav » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:15 pm

Count me in. Do we make 20 blocks of 1 pattern or different patterns?

Loretta

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:33 am

loretta, I think it's all the same blocks. I just went to the quilters corner website and what a blue ribbon day....the Georgia block is all HST! Boy howdy, I've hit paydirt here! LOL! Thinking I could piece that easy block, yahoo!, then maybe applique a peach in the center. Thanks for the idea CindyB!

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:22 am

Loretta, you're on the list!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:29 am

Evie - I want to do the Road to California too since I still live here.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:47 am

I would think that more than one person could do the same block... From what I've seen on the disaster blocks, they can come out looking totally different!

Anyone a teacher or retired teacher?? How about a simple schoolhouse block?

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:51 am

Yippee I found a block pattern at Quilterscornerclub.com for Minnesota and it looks really easy! They actually have EVERY state there!
I've been looking for some "pharmacy" fabric but am having a hard time finding medical fabric that isn't Dr's or Nurses (Some perfect stuff for Nursebobbi tho)

If you can't find your state at Quilterscache... check out

http://quilterscornerclub.com/'>http:// ... rclub.com/

Have a great Monday everyone!

mq

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:14 am

Oh boy, that is right, gotta get those disaster blocks done and out to you real soon cindy. How many more days? Got at least one more to make and then I know where I got a stash of blocks I will send.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

quiltaddict

Post by quiltaddict » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:26 am

Is it too late for me to sign up?? Please, pretty please?? This sounds like so much fun and I need more quilt blocks to make along with the bazillion I already started. lol Please let me know. Thanks and have a beautiful day.

Leona

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:58 pm

I went to the website posted, today and printed off the pattern for the Georgia block. I have the Triangulations CD for printing HST & quarter square triangles, so I decided this block would be a good chance to try it out. I printed out enought on Carol Doak foundation paper to make all the blocks. The center has a 4" finished square in the middle, so I think I'll either applique a peach or rubberstamp one and embellish it. I've got some fabric in the washer that I want to use. So, I'm going to get all my fabric put in a baggie with the pattern and my foundation papers, etc... then work on catching up with the BOM's I'm so behind in. Really looking forward to starting this, it's going to be fun!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”