Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fall Block Swap - Closed

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Fall Block Swap - Closed

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:30 am

Can the Wis. block be made bigger?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Evie

Post by Evie » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:11 am

I just looked at it. The templates are 3" squares. If you could accurately enlarge them to 4" squares, it could be done. Maybe print it out and take it to Kinko's. Some of those kids that work there are really amazing.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:38 am

This is getting exciting!!!!

I love the edit feature - thanks again Andy!! I just edit and add names to the top post... sew easy!

I've been thinking about doing a bears paw pattern - when I was born, my parents lived in an area called "Bear's Notch" way back up in the mountains of Vermont....

sunsup, sounds like a plan to get the Wisconsin block enlarged...

Don't forget to check out the blocks in the Pioneer Sampler book - there is a Colorado block, an Arizona block, Montana block, etc., etc.!!

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:56 am

I wish I had thought of that, CindyB, when I did the sign ups for the charm swap! How silly am I?! :)

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:10 am

I'm just wondering if there is a limit to the number of times you can edit a post??!! LOL!!! Probably not...

The blocks don't have to be pieced, you can do applique, etc., whatever works!!!

LOL - with my state of mind lately, I should do a crazy quilt block!

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:16 am

If the chosen block is smaller than 12 1/2 inches couldn't the maker of the block just add a border to each to make them the right size? They could use a coordinating fabric and that would be so much easier than trying to figure out how to enlarge it.

Evie

Post by Evie » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:35 am

In Egg Money Quilts there's Rocky Road to Kansas, and Road to California.

Also, if you are into flowers, why not a flower block. I love to read so I'm not sure how to fit that into a block! Also, your state tree or state flower. Your occupation.

I told DH that I should do the Road to California and rename it to Road from California since I was born and raised there.

Anybody else have any ideas or websites/books to look at?

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:39 am

I think that I mentioned http://www.quilterscache.com/'>http://w ... cache.com/. Scroll down to the bottom and check them out. The instructions can be complicated, and I sit there going "where's El when you need her" all the time I make the blocks, and "gee, how can I do it the QIAD way?" LOL!!!

Evie

Post by Evie » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:10 am

Here's another website:

http://www.quilterscornerclub.com/id74.html

Some look complicated.

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:53 pm

Add me to this list!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”