Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Pioneer Sampler Block 1

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Pioneer Sampler Block 1

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:48 am

Welcome to the Pioneer Sampler block of the month. We are starting with block "Salt Lake City" which is the August block. Our goal will be to complete two blocks per month. We can cut back to one if needed. There is a picture of the completed blcok under the photo group. Some things I would like to work on with this block are

1. Color coordinating
2. Accurate cutting
3. Accurate 1/4 inch seams

Blocks should square to 12 1/2 inch

Since we all have our own way of completing instructions I will leave it too you all to read and follow in your own ways. I would like to be able to give you all a little bit of history though as we work on this quilt. One little tid bit will be given with each block.

Tid bit of info for this month:

Did you know: Much of our early fabric used in American quilts was imported from Europe. Because of restrictions and pressure from European rule, American textile manufacturing was limited.

Happy piecing to you all. Please post pictures of your blocks! Next block will begin August 16.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Littlebit

Re: Pioneer Sampler Block 1

Post by Littlebit » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:24 pm

I'll get started on this after I get back from vacation.

HugANurse

Post by HugANurse » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:54 pm

I'll start mine on Tuesday, I work this weekend. Boo hoo!!!

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:03 pm

The ladies in my church wanted me to start a BOM earlier this year. No time with vacations & such until now. I figured that I might as well do this with the ladies at church & kill two birds with one stone. I WILL NOT post the poor example I sewed up tonight. I do a demo on group night, then we will get together for those interested in doing the block at another time. You CAN NOT talk & cut at the same time. Also, forgetting half of the necessary items for quilt making just doesn't cut it. You know a 1/4 inch foot or cutting mat help a great deal. I do like this block though and even with the screw ups it went together easy (when attention was where it was suppose to be). On the way home I stopped & picked up some fabric. I just could not get the feel for the colors I wanted until I did this block with scraps. Now I just need to add a couple more colors to what I picked out tonight. Will get busy next week & then post my block. Thanks for the inspiration to step outside the box!! S

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:27 am

Oh coyote I'll bet your block is just wonderful. But, your right a 1/4 foot and cutting mat were wonderful inventions! sounds like something I would do.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:18 am

I'm still working on getting my fabric together. I should have this done by Monday. I hope, I hope. Then I can get everthing cut and ready to make. fun, fun, fun.
Lori 8-)

javin22

Post by javin22 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:00 pm

where can I find the 12" pattern for the salt lake city block?

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:01 pm

javin22 it's in the Pioneer Sampler book by QIAD.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”