Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

UGRR #5

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Peaches

Re: UGRR #5

Post by Peaches » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:38 am

Sorry peeps! Life has been super busy and I was giving myself until Aug 10 to post the next one.

Here's the long version. Needed to have the carpets cleaned, so we moved furniture out of DD#3 room, guest room, and sewing room #2. Carpets cleaned. DD decided to move into guest room, guest room to sewing room #2 and I get DD#3 room as my sewing room a few years earlier than expected. Great except I need to paint the room...DD's car decided to sound like a symphony orchestra (just ask azgal who braved life and limb to go shopping with me in it) and DD#2 moved from Tuscon to Long Beach, CA. to start a new job. Took drapes down to have them cleaned when DD#2 cat, whom she left with us rather than taking him with her, did a cat nasty on burgundy silk drapes...yep, the color ran and ruined ALL three rooms worth of drapes. (Counting my blessings, the clean carpet was not stained). DD#3's boyfriend moved to Flagstaff for a better chance at a football scholarship so I'm dealing with an Oscar winning drama queen right now. Also, it's monsoon season which means we get 95% of our yearly rain in a few weeks time. Nothing like the first few minutes when it rains mud! Right now I have lake front property. Hubby broke a tooth and is working 90 hours a week right now and I got a new job. Not much happening here at all. (That was a sarcastic statement).

I'll try to get the block by the end of the week. It will be nice to have something normal to do. Please forgive me!

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:24 am

It's OK, Peaches - I didn't mean to add any pressure to your life. But I HAD missed you, and should have posted "are you OK?" instead!!
August 10th is fine with me - it really only takes an hour or so to do any block. But I sure like your plans.

Relax - I'll be patient, and I'm sure the rest will be, too!!
Ann

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:47 am

Peaches, Hang in there, monsoon will be over soon! The next problem will be Christmas. I see the black skies each night & thank the Lord that I am in the west valley. You get a lot more water this time of year than we do! I know what you mean about the 'lake' out front. I learned many years ago to stay home when the rain hit. Good luck & prayers go out to you for a calmer season ahead!! S

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:10 pm

peaches you sound swamped tee hee didnt mean that to come out the way it did hope all passes soon

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Peaches you wore me out just reading about what has been going on. Take a deep breath and let it out - whew! Hopefully things calm down for you soon

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:36 pm

You ladies are a blessing. Thanks for being so understanding. I went to my "old" job this morning to give two weeks notice, and the director said that if I wanted I could just return company property and leave. I took him at his word, much to his surprise. So now I have 5 blissful days without work to put my new sewing room together. I really am at ends when I can't sit down to sew. #1 priority will be this bom!

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:46 pm

Coyote, Chirstmas is not a problem for me as our family gives to an Indian reservation rather than each other. Started doing if a few years ago and can't imagine doing anything else. The "baby" is 18, and no grandchildren so we decided to adopt a family each year.

No rain yet today and still under 100. What I don't understand is why people try to drive through the washes that are posted "do not enter if flooded". Maybe they need to post water depths like the do with snow back east. I loved the story on the local news about the bmw that was floating up in Scottsdale. What were they thinking? A few blocks from me there is a pick up truck stuck in mud up to the top of the tires on the driver's side. Have no idea how the driver got out.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:26 pm

I dont understand about folks driving through the flooded areas either we have place here that flood everytime there is a heavy rain there are signs and postings but everytime there is at least one if not two cars floating down there and some body has to risk life to get to them

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:56 pm

Hi Peaches, where are we with this BOM?

Lori 8-)

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”