Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Christmas Stockings for Troops

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
CindyB

Re: Christmas Stockings for Troops

Post by CindyB » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:45 am

When I did the smaller stockings for IowaGal's project, I got tired of the strips, too....ended up finding some nice fabric in my stash that I could use, and did! I did simple machine quilting, and it worked out well!

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:49 am

Hi GP,
What is your count on the stockings so far? I seem to remember you want to have about 300. Are we going to make it?

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:01 pm

I read on another post that GP has the flu. (Bummer) I'm sure she'll check in with us as soon as she's able.

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:04 pm

Glad to hear not everyone is doing strips. We have been using fabric and doing simple quilting as well. Some aren't even really Christmas fabric. We've done some in western handerkerchief fabric, pheasants. cowboy hats and horseshoes. Of course these are all going to our boys and girls from South Dakota, so thought it would make them feel closer to home. We have Christmas ones too. So far we have about 70 and some gals are getting together tomorrow to make some. This has been so much fun. I can't thank my friend Helen enough for joining me in this project. Then a few more gals pitched in. Right now most of them are stacked on my dining room table waiting to be mailed to GP.

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:49 am

How rude of me....I just was re-reading the latest posts and realized that I didn't give my "get well" wishes to GP. Sure hope you are feeling better by now. You have been on a frantic pace girl...slow down and get well.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:31 pm

Thanks for the "get well" wishes, ladies! I thought it was a cold but turned out to be that flu that my son had a couple weeks ago. I started feeling so much better today, thank goodness, but still a tad bit wimpy. LOL! I haven't been at work much this week, just do the bare minimum then go back home, so I will have to get a stocking count to post later. As they've arrived I take pics of them and admire them and show them off at the office, then keep them all together on the bookcase. Trying to make sure each one gets a pic taken before adding it to the others. Looks like we are definitely going to make the 300 goal! I've been making some as we go along, too, and if there's any surplus I'm giving the extras I've made to a womens and children's shelter.

As you can see, I still have not posted the pics I took of the latest batches received. DH worked late tonight and was too tired to do it, so we're going to post them as soon as we can. Sorry for the delay, I really want ya'll to see how beautiful and cheerful these look, they are wonderful! We're going to wear Santa hats and when we fill the stockings will take pics of that, too. Thanks for your patience and bearing with me on the pics! And thanks so much to all of you for your generous contributions, we are all going to brighten the holidays for our troops by our combined efforts! I'll post pics and a stocking count soon, I promise!

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:55 pm

I have about a dozen in various stages of construction. I got sidetracked with a couple of other projects, But I swear I will get back on them.

BTW Drew arrived back at Cherry Point on Sunday, I have no idea when he will be heading for Iowa yet.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:53 pm

Iowagal, you must be beside yourself with excitement about Drew coming home soon! Congrats, I'm so happy for you!!!

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:00 pm

Whoopee, Iowa Gal! I love hearing good news.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:59 pm

IowaGal - great news!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”