Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

New Recycled Fabric

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
sewingbee44

Re: New Recycled Fabric

Post by sewingbee44 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:29 pm

Hi Everyone! I just received the box and what beautiful fabrics.I'll be sending the box either tomorrow or Thursday.I need Astitchintime to pm me her address.Now that I have your attention.My DH grandmother passed away a week ago Saturday.That's why you haven't heard from me.We had to go out of town to help out in packing her effects.My Mother-in-law and her sister are not sewers.But Ms Rosemary was,in fact she was one of us-A QUILTER!The two daughters did not want to deal with her sewing room(you know how our rooms can get with all that stash),so they said the room was mine.I almost fainted,I was in Disneyland!!Rosemary B. was a quilter for 30 years.She had so much fabric and books you can't imagine.Guess what I found? Elenors first book she published-Log Cabin.Well the reason I'm telling you all this,is that I can't keep all here things.My house is too small.I'm taking what I want and the rest I'm giving it to you all-Fellow Quilters.She would have liked that.She has alot of calico,some cordoroy and knit.If anyone knows how to make dolls,she had a box of doll heads and I beleive clothes.I have 2 to 3 boxes of quilting,crocheting magazines along with quilting books.Anyone interested please pm me.If you are looking for a particular item,I can see if she had it.The quilting mags.date from the 70's.Crochet pattern books I didn't see.You all have been so nice to me and your prayers have helped me so much.This is my way of showing Thanks.Whatever is left behind I will donate it to local Libraries and the fabric to a Senior Quilting Group in my community.Ms Rosemary was a strong woman.In her early days she lived on a ranch and worked very hard.Later she worked for Northrop for 30.Then she she became a butcher.And what a cook.Couple a days before her surgery,she was on her roof covering her a.c.unit.At 80 years she was full of spunk.I will miss her very much,because she was the one who taught me how to quilt.And because of her,I've come to have met some wonderful people all around our country.Thanks Grandma Rosemary-I Love You! Rosemary B.-April 1927-September 2007 R.I.P.

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:39 am

seweingbee44, I am sorry to hear about your loss. I know how overwhelming it can be trying to sort through the belongings of a lost loved one. When my mother passed away (I am the only daughter) I had to go through all her belongings along with all her sewing stuff. As much as I mourned her loss I also loved going through all her stash and finding bits and pieces of fabrics that reminded me of clothing she had made for herself and my daughters. Even though I know it is a difficult time, you are a lucky lady to have had the gift of her sewing room to explore through.

Ann

sewingbee44

Post by sewingbee44 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:35 am

Thank You Ann for you and for your comforting words.It is overwelming,because my house is too small and everything is in the carport in boxes.If you would like anything,just ask.Crocheting pattern books and mags.So don't be shy anyone,please! You all are just wonderful people!Lots of Quilty Hugs-Yvette

sewingbee44

Post by sewingbee44 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:52 pm

Hi everybody! I hope all are well. Just letting you know I've sent the box out on Friday,so astitchintime be looking for a package soon.

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:26 pm

Sewingbee44 ~ it is always so hard to say good bye to someone we love and while we miss them we find ways to keep them close. You will have that opportunity while sorting thru the sewing treasures. It is so thoughtful of you to offer some of those treasures to others, I am sure she would have loved the idea. Bless you and yours.

Yippee!! Can't wait, will let you know when the box arrives.

Happy stitching!!
Debi

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:21 pm

The box is here!! I am having a wonderful time looking at all the beautiful fabric and picking out my favorites will be tough!! Will get it back into the mail in the next day or two and then zfatcat will be able to share in the fun.
Happy stitching!!
Debi

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:42 pm

Just one more stop and back to me finally. Thanks to everyone for participating. This is so much fun!! Astitchintime leave something good for me!!!

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:28 pm

zfatcat,
Start looking for that box!!! With all the worry and sadness from the fires, this has been a great distraction. It was fun to go thru the fabrics and I sure hope you like the ones I put in. Enjoy!!
Happy stitching!!
Debi

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:40 am

I just received it today and will have it back in the mail on Monday. Lori
Lori 8-)

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:23 pm

Finally it's back to me I am very curious to see what's inside of that box!!! It started on 7/1/07 that's seems like a long time ago. (that is if the date on the top of the page is correct!! Bev

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”