Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Need personal help - not quilting

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Littlebit

Re: Need personal help - not quilting

Post by Littlebit » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:41 am

Debbie and Leetec - Sorry for your losses. I have two dogs a toy poodle and a boxer and I don't know what I would do if anything happened to them, they are a part of our family. Only time will lessen this pain that you are going through.

Michelle

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:02 pm

Up until recently Jill would bark at night if someone didn't put her in her pen, not realizing that she really could do it herself. This last few months she stopped doing that, I think because it hurt her too much to get up from lying down, so we would let her stay out because she seemed more content. She died in her sleep in her favorite spot so we know she is at peace now. She was having so much trouble moving because of her hips (she was a lab/shepard mix)that we really felt very sorry for her. I think she's in doggie heaven, chasing cats, catching them and licking the daylights out of um!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:19 pm

Oh, Leetec and Debbie, I am so sorry for your loss. Last August I lost my precious little cocker spaniel who was only 8 years old. I've had to say goodbye to other little companions who were old and it was "their time", and it was very hard, but losing this little dog last year just broke my heart in pieces. I came in from work to find a horribly traumatic situation and there wasn't time to do the humane thing. I've always been one to say that the way to heal a broken heart is to love again. But, I have not been able to get another little dog since last year, even though DH would like to. Our little Daisy is lonesome and misses her companion, but I just haven't been able to do it yet. I think I blame myself, even though I know that's not the case. Debbie, I can relate to how you feel, I went thru the same feelings and simply could not get past the crying constantly. I was beginning to feel like I'd never get a grip and accept the loss. I desperately wanted to heal and get past that part, yet at the same time did not want to "get over it" because that would feel bad, too. It's just terribly painful, to the point we don't even know what we want. Well, we know what we want, but we can't have it. It's been almost a year now, and things are much better. When I read what you wrote, I understood how you felt, it's still very raw and you feel very vulnerable and fragile. Time will ease it considerably. When it happens so suddenly and takes you by such shock, it takes longer to accept it. Each little pet is unique and we bond with each of them differently, and we grieve each one differently due to that. I was going thru a difficult time when this happened, and it just wounded me deeply. It was like the rug had been pulled out from under me. Give yourself time with this and don't try to rush what you truly have no control over. Be patient with yourself. I'm glad you shared this with us, too. Most of us are animal lovers and we feel for you very much. And most of us have gone thru this, too. Feel free to message me if you want to talk, it would probably help me, too. lv2create, your message helped me so much and it struck a chord with me.

patsyann06

Post by patsyann06 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:19 pm

Debbie and Leetec, I am deeply sorry for your losses. I have been through this many times and it never gets any easier. After all they are dear members of our families! Will keep you in my prayers to help you cope with your sadness and to remember the more joyous and happier times that you shared together. Luv2create-loved your poem, very heart felt!

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:53 pm

Debbie and LeeTec..........so sorry for your loss of your pets. I had a miniature schnauzer, "Snickers" who was just like one of the kids. She always waited for me at the backdoor and jumped into my arms the minute the door opened. We would "fight" for the recliner and when it was bedtime, she'd walk right to the steps and wait for me to go up with her. We got her at a time when a divorce was going on and she helped us look for more positive things in our life. She lived till she was ten and then her kidneys started to shut down and she lost her eyesight. The hardest thing I ever had to do was to bring her to the vets so that she wouldn't suffer any longer. I was a complete basket case for weeks. Time does heal, but she'll always have a special place in my heart.

bjgallo

Post by bjgallo » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:37 pm

Debbie-I am so sorry about your dog. Some people don't understand how we feel about our dogs. We had to put our last dog to sleep because of health problems. I know exactly what you are going through. It took forever before I stopped listening for him. It was quite a while before I could even talk about him without crying. Now (it has been several years) I enjoy remembering him and how much we loved him. Hang in there.
BJ

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:56 pm

Debbie510 - We had to put down our 15 yr. old Pekingese in Nov '05. We cried for two solid weeks. Then we cried only once or twice a day for another month. We still cry when we think about her or something reminds us of her. It will get better as time goes by. It is just heartbreaking. We sure get attached, don't we? I will pray that you feel peace soon.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:58 pm

Oh, Leetec. I'm so sorry for your loss. What kind of dog was she? I'm going to pray for you, too.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:13 pm

lv2create - I love your poem - thanks for sharing that with us. Y'all have turned on my water works now - I feel so badly for you two that have lost your pets this week and I feel sorry for me, too. This has made me think about Snookie. We should have had her put to sleep 6 months before we did and we were selfish in making her stay here in pain and misery. A couple of weeks before we did it I was shopping and came across a little dog memorial stone and bought it for Snookie's grave. She hadn't even died yet and I was sobbing and trying to pay the lady and wipe my face and eyes all at the same time and I needed to blow my nose. I couldn't talk so my best friend had to tell the lady that we were soon going to put Snookie down and that's why I was upset. Got the saleslady to crying, too. Whew, I have to go to another post. I'm a blubbering idiot. Girls - your pain really will east with time.
GP - there is no such thing as getting a replacement dog for the one you lost. I know you know that each one is special and each one gets a piece of our heart and your love for that dog will never change even if you get 100 dogs. But you need to go ahead and get another one. You have lots of love to give!

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:35 pm

Our golden retriever had to be put to sleep this past April/May. He was 14 years old. Mourning is normal for animals as well as it is for humans, especially when they have been such an important part of your life.
Your beloved pets will never be forgotten but the tears will lessen and you will be able to cope more and more each day.

I am so sorry for you loss.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”