Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Need personal help - not quilting

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
debbie510

Re: Need personal help - not quilting

Post by debbie510 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:23 am

Rainbow Bridge is a beautiful poem. Of course it made me cry again. I will have to print it out and carry it around with me. IowaGal sent me a website - www.petloss.org. I will visit it later when I have time. Maybe it will also help some of you that have lost pets. Thanks again for all of your comments and stories and for thinking about me.

Debbie

javin22

Post by javin22 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:58 pm

I am crying my head off. Debbie and Leetec, I am so sorry for your losses. I am an animal lover and have had many pets in my life time. I have lost my beloved dogs and cats and it takes time to heal. I truly believe that they will be waiting for us in Heaven when we pass and will be welcoming us home. After loosing my beautiful persian (buffy) I thought I would not like to get another cat for years. However, a good neighbor told me of a Hymalain mix that was abandon and it was in the coldest part of winter, (about 10 below zero. In the neighborhood where we lived and I saw it one day and I coaxed her to me after about 15 mins freezing outside. I picked her up and took her in. I thought I wouldn't keep her but I paid for all her shots and spay. I fell in love with her and she is one of the best cats I have had. Her name is Cinderella as she went from a frail, starving mess to a beautiful fluffy lap cat. I still miss my beloved dogs and cats,that were like children to me that have passed, but another one needed a mommy and I am glad to be loved by her.
My heart goes out to you at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You will get through this. Time has a way of healing. Take care. Vinae

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:36 am

Debbie and Leetec, so very sorry to hear of your losses. It is so hard when pets go on ahead of us. Prayers going out for comfort for your aching hearts.

Carole

busyhands125

Post by busyhands125 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 pm

sorry for your lost. We lost out male bassett in May and my daughter is still taking it hard, she is 33 years old , Jackson Rhodes was 8 years old and give us a lot of puppies. Now we have a female same age we got both at the same time she is feeling down. has since his passing. We had a total of 10 now 9 but we feel for each and everyone of them.
My favorite is my baby Buster who now is 4. He stays with me in house and loves to sleep in bed with me.
Picture of my buster.

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:37 pm

Debbie and Leetec, I am so sorry for your loss. I have been throught this also but I have always had another pet nearby. I will keep you in my prayers. So sorry.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:01 pm

Busyhands, I just LOVE this pic of your Buster! He is a Gorgeous boy!

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:54 am

Busyhands, I just love Buster! Dausy is almost 12, and has a lot of issues. Sandi, my co-worker, has a basset puupy she rescued, hus name is Moglie. She brings him with her to work everyday. He is as goofy as bassets come, and absolutely has the basset stubborn gene!

Debbie and Leetec, I hope your pain is easing. Time certainly helps. I work for a vet, and if there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

Sharon

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”